𑁍Chapter 16𑁍

Yuna's POV

Our class had ended, and I was ready to go home, but this one had been sulking at me since I spoke with Kai. Oh, I thought it was fine with her. She is giving me the cold shoulder, avoiding my stare and pouting all the time. It irritates me and makes me want to kiss her.

I got up and hung my bag on my shoulder. I fixed my gaze on Ryujin, who was still seated and averted my gaze.

"Shin Yuna"

Someone called me.

I looked around and saw Kai approaching me.

He stood two steps away from me. "We are going to an amusement park?" "Want to come?" Kai spoke as he caressed his nape.

Eh? Where did he get the courage to ask me out while Ryujin was here?

We all jumped when Ryujin slammed her hands on the table. "NO WAY IN HELL! Are you DUMB to invite her while I am here? And why the hell do you think I let Yuna accompany you, airhead?" Ryujin exclaimed wildly.

We are now attracting people's attention. They begin to gather and watch us, with some of them murmuring to one another. Damn, I hate being the center of attention.

Kai laughed. "Why are you so angry, geez? "You can come with us if you want," he said, cockily. "Besides, Ryujin, all I want to do is hang out with her as a friend, not as a lover," he added.

"Exactly... you were a lover before... and I despise it," Ryujin said, staring darkly at Kai.

"Why? Are you afraid we will develop our feelings again?" He said it smugly. "What is wrong with hanging out with her? "We are just friends, after all," he said with a smirk.

"If you do not stop." I will make you shut up forever." Ryujin threatened, but Kai sarcastically laughed at her.

Ryuijin closed her knuckles, which I noticed. She was getting angry, so I hugged her right away to calm her down. Here we go again. She is going to murder Kai.

Kai's expression darkened. "As if you can," Kai replied, adding fuel to the fire.

"You piece of sh-" Ryujin was about to attack Kai, but I quickly pulled her back.

"No, don't," I replied, caressing her cheeks. Her eyes softened as her gaze met mine. She sighed.

This girl is overprotective of me, which is why I will not let her go. Never!

I returned my gaze to Kai. "Kai, we have discussed this, right? Yes, we are friends, but I can go with you whenever you want, and I have a girlfriend whom I need to ask permission from first."

"What? So, who exactly is she? "Your parent?" Kai said, then burst out laughing. Some of my classmates laughed with him.

I am getting mad at this guy. "No ex. She is my girlfriend," I said, smirking. I noticed how his face changed. He seemed hurt and embarrassed. HAHAHA serves you well, dimwit.

"Wooohhhhhhhh," they said in unison.

"Savage HAHAHA"

"Go home, Kai, and cry aloud to your mama."

"Shut up! Do you all want to die, huh? Kai growled.

After he had said that.

They began to flee, and I took advantage of the opportunity to grab Ryujin's hand and drag her back home.

***

Ryujin's POV

I parked my big bike and got out. It is good to be back here. I looked up at the luxurious house that I used to call home.

I pressed the code and went inside. I walk slowly inside our house, checking to see if there have been any changes, but they are still the same.

"Young lady, your father is waiting for you in his study room," Ms. IU told me, smiling.

Wait, we are supposed to have dinner tonight, right? And there he is again, drowning himself at work, and why is my father's secretary so damn attractive? Aish! Can I have her? Just kidding.

I shook my head and smiled at her back.

"Okay, thank you."

I said and quickened my pace to meet my father right away. This talk must be really important and I hate it. I am confident he will persuade me to attend the wedding.

I sighed, knocked on the door, and then entered. I saw my father still working. Please, I hope this conversation was not about the wedding.

"Appa"

"Finally, you have arrived. Please sit down.

I sat down, facing my father. He closed his laptop, looked at me, and gave me a warm smile. Is this for real? He smiled warmly at me! Is he sick or what?

"Ryujin, give me ten reasons why you loved Yuna."

I was stunned by what he had said. Am I hearing this? He is making a statement like that. Why does it sound like he is interested in us?

I cleared my throat and composed myself. "To be honest, Appa, there are many reasons I love her, but there is only one thing that makes me love her..."

"What is it?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Her smile. Appa, ever since I saw her smile, I have been hoping to be the reason she smiles. Every day, I hope to see her bright smile again, her bright smile that can outshine the darkness in my heart, her warmed smile that melts my cold heart, her smile that can make my day complete." I smile dreamily. "Appa, her smile is my medicine, I can not lose it."

Appa just stared at me and did not say anything.

I sighed softly. "Appa, I know you knew what I've been through because of Heejin, right? I lost everything, including myself. Please, I beg you one last time. Cance-"

"Ryujin, I have already made my decision. "I am sorry," he said, pausing and looking away.

I gritted my teeth to control my rage.

Damn it! I should just accept this shit. What's the point of fighting and begging when they determined on their plan. I must start to accept this shit. Maybe it is my destiny. I am sorry, Yuna.

"I m-must go...home, a-appa," I said before standing up.

"What? We are not done yet, and why do you look like that?" He said as he creased his eyebrows.

I shook my head in dismay.

"Why am I acting like this? Should I be happy, appa? You are unbelievable! Should I be happy even if it means hurting Yuna? Is that how you wanted me to feel? I yelled out all of my hatred and anger.

"I am not sure what will happen after I tell her this. Probably, she will be mad at me... HAHAHA," I said, sarcastically laughing at him.

"Dad, I am not sure what I have done for you to repay your debt." I said as tears welled up in my eyes. I wiped them away and was about to walk away when he pulled me back to my seats.

"Listen to me, my daughter." You have got it wrong. I was not finished with what I was saying. It is extremely difficult to apologize to someone when you have caused significant harm to them... I am sorry, Ryujin. Please forgive me. I apologize for everything I have done to you. Okay?" He spoke as he held my hand. "You do not need to worry about the wedding. "It is already canceled," he said, smiling at me. "Go home and be with Yuna," he said, returning to the swivel chair.

I looked at him seriously. I wanna make sure he's not pranking.

"No wedding?"

"Yes"

I smiled as I heard his answer. I gave him a goodbye hug and then left.

Finally! I can be with her forever.