𑁍Chapter 22𑁍

Yuna's POV

We have been separated for a month, and we have become the hot topic on campus. Yes, exactly! Just like us, they are unable to move on.

I sighed. Life has to go on, and I need to move on, but how? I honestly do not know. I still love her.

But that was not the only thing that was hot right now. Chaeryeong was rumored to like Ryujin. I didn't know about it. I just assumed that they were close because they were best friends. So they are not on good terms right now.

I have not spoken to them until now, particularly those two. Things are starting to get messy. It appears that destiny is playing us. Heejin successfully separated us, and Chaeryeong has had feelings for Ryujin for quite some time. My gosh, what's happening?

I am walking down the hallway towards the library. I am going to stay there to have some peace of mind.

I felt a hand sneak around my shoulder as I was on my way. I looked up and saw the latter, which was Kai!

I immediately removed his arms and distanced myself from him.

"What the hell are you doing?" I exclaimed angrily.

"C'mon you're free now. Nobody will be mad!" He replied with a smirk.

"So, what? "Do not bother me."

"Aish, just come with me and I will treat you. Let's go!" He offered to hold my hand, but I declined.

I expected this to happen, and I was right.

I sighed. When is he going to stop? He has improved over the last few weeks and no longer bothers us. I thought he had stopped his bullshit, but I was mistaken. He was just looking for the right timing!

"I won't go with you!"

"Are you still angry at me?"

"Yes, and why should not I?

He exhaled and looked at me. "I am sorry, I know the word 'sorry' was not enough to make you forgive me, but I will do anything to make you forgive me. I'll make it up to you" He said sincerely as he goes down on his knees.

"I apologize, Yuna."

I just stared at him and did not know how to respond. What if this is just his fake drama?

I sighed.

I'm not a stone-hearted person. I hate seeing someone begging. "Stand up and do not do that again!"

"So you are forgiving me now?" Kai asked, still on his knees.

Who am I to not forgive him? "Yes, but that does not mean we are already okay."

"Yes!" He exclaimed with joy and hugged me.

I felt how he tightened his hugs and got surprise by his action.

"I'm so happy now. Thank you," he said.

I can hear happiness in his voice.
Thank God, we are fine now. My heart's burden lessened slightly.

I tapped his shoulder and said, "I forgive you, and that is enough."

He released his hug from me. "Ah, yeah, sorry. "I just got carried away," he admitted shyly, caressing his nape.

I simply smiled at him and walked away.

***

Ryujin's POV

"You are such a masochist," Yeji said, patting my back. Stop watching them, pabo! "You are only hurting yourself."

"Yeji, I can not help it. Being far away from her is the only way I can love her. All I want to do is appreciate her and see how happy she is even without me. So, who am I to stop her from being happy if she is going to return to him? And besides, I am the reason for her pain and sadness.

"You stupid, she still loves you. I see it in her eyes."

"Do not give me false hope. I'm starting to move on"

"You can? Last night, I heard you say, "Oh my God, Yuna!" Yeji stated and burst out laughing.

I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

I smacked her on the head, and she stopped.

"My goodness, what kind of friend are you? I have a broken heart, and you are just mocking me? I hate you..."

"HAHAHA It is just that you should stop having wet dreams with her. My gosh"

"Shut it!"

Yeji grabbed my hand and let her drag me. Well, I know she will not let me go. "Where are we going?

"Let us go to the bar and celebrate your life as a single!"

"I do not want to!"

"C'mon," Yeji whined, gesturing to be closed to her.

She whispered something to me, and my eyes widened and pushed her.

"No way in fucking hell am I going to the bar and getting laid with random girls."

"Well, why not? It appears that you are horny. So I am just helping you."

"No, and I tell this to Lia. You fcking womanizer"

"Wow, look who is talking. I have taught this to you, Master."

"Master your ass," I said before leaving her.

Hell no, I would rather stay at home and sleep than sleep with strangers.

"Fine, we will just go to the bar and drink, no girls," Yeji exclaimed.

I pause on my track and smirk. I smirked as I turned back to her. Well, I would like to have it so that I can stop thinking about her for a short time.

Yeji placed her arms around my shoulders. "I was just fooling around, and Lia would kill me if I did that. And, besides, I have already changed. I am faithful to my girlfriend."

"Girls," I said, chuckling.

"No! I only have one."

"Okay okay"

We hopped into Yeji's car, and she began driving. "If Lia finds out about this, she will kill you."

"Do not bother her. We are not going to cause trouble anyway."

"Okay"

I looked out the window and appreciated the scenery. This is what I hate. I just want some peace of mind, but my stupid brain only wants Yuna! Do not think about her. She had moved on. I guess? She is happy without me.

"You are thinking of her again."

"I simply can not help it."

"Tsk tsk, why do not you get her back?"

"I am afraid I will hurt her again."

Yeji looked at me as she parked her car. "Ryujin, do not let fear keep you from doing what you want. Come on, she still loves you. Stop wasting your time and get your girl back, or you will regret it."

I caressed my forehead and took a deep breath. "I do not know what to do now. I love her, but what if I hurt her again? I honestly do not know. It is better if we are not together. If we truly love each other, even if we are separated for a long time, our paths will cross again."

"Are you sure about that?" Are you prepared to see her with someone else in the future if destiny does not allow you two to be together again?' Yeji asked me with seriousness.

Just thinking about her in someone else's arms hurts so much, but if she is happy in that person's company, I will be happy as well, even if it is the source of my pain. I will accept it...

I looked at Yeji and laughed bitterly.

"Yes."