Chapter 4: See You Soon, Mother

Mark woke up at his usual time as if he was going into work today. He wasn't, but he'd be damned if he changed his weekly schedule around. They might have taken Waddle away but they couldn't take away his punctuality.

After he changed out of his pajamas, he walked to the kitchen to get coffee. Back in his mansion, there was a very fancy coffee machine that could make any drink he wanted with a touch of a screen. However, Ellie didn't have that. She only has instant coffee that she only picked up at the store one time many months ago. The only reason why she did so was because Mark had mentioned coffee time and time again. So when she saw the word 'Coffee' on a box, she grabbed it for him.

Mark examined the instant coffee box and sniffed it. "Ew! The hell is this?! This is powder, not coffee!"

He chucked the entire box of instant coffee into the trashcan and started to rummage through the kitchen. There wasn't much considering Ellie only bought food for whenever Mark visited or when she was hosting dinner.

Eventually Mark gave up on the idea of having breakfast there. He figured that he could just call a few highly renowned chefs to come over to Ellie's and prepare him something later. No biggie.

He flopped back on the couch in her living room and started to look all around the seat. No recliner, no buttons for back massages, no cup holders, no aux ports or speakers to play music, what kind of couch was this?!

Mark wined and leaned his head back on the couch. "UGHHHHHH! This place BLOWS!" He never found an Alexa anywhere but he assumed that everyone had one in every room of their house at least. "Alexa, play my morning playlist!"

No response.

"Alexa! Play my morning playlist!"

Still no response.

"What the hell?! No alexa and no sofa speakers?! Who lives like this?!" Mark had just woken up but that didn't stop him from having a mini temper tantrum.

"OI!" Glomgold scuttled out from beneath the couch and hissed. "WOT DO YOOH THINK YOUR DOING, BEAKS?! CRYING LIKE A BABEH IN MEH HOUSE?! GO FUCK YOORSELF!"

It took him a few tries, meaning twenty, but eventually Glomgold was able to wiggle his tiny, fat body onto the couch. When he made himself comfortable, and picked his wedgie, he scooted uncomfortably close to Mark. Glomgold took this opportunity to very slowly lay his head down onto Mark's lap, like he had seen Ellie done time and time again. It was pretty nice. Nodding to himself, Glomgold let out a happy scottish grunt and closed his eyes. Then proceeded to start picking his nose on Mark's lap all the while.

"I don't know how I'm going to live like this, G-Gold! I need Waddle back! I don't know how you managed to adapt to this kind of life." Yes, it was therapy session time.

Mark did make a good point, however. He was struggling to adapt to a middle class life for a few hours and Glomgold, the second richest duck in the world, was content living here.

"I DUNNO! I JUST DID!"

"Yeah, but how?! You were literally the second richest duck in the world! How can you be fine with not being rich anymore?"

"UGHHHHH! STOP YOUR YELLING! IT'S RUINING THE FEELING OF YOUR LAP!" He screamed, while dragging his booger covered fingers down Mark's pants. It was pretty gross but Mark, being so upset, didn't even notice. It would give him something else to freak out about later.

Suddenly it hit Glomgold, like a soft cloud, that Mark was lowkey asking for advice. "Oh... I see..." He sat up from Mark's Gucci-Booger pants and scratched his fake beard. "I guess I don't mind it because robo-babeh does everything for meh so I feel like I still have a personal maid around. And I get to eat whatever I want! No stoopid nutritionist watching meh calorie intake!" His belly jiggled as he slapped it with his palm. "AND I CAN WATCH AS MUCH TV AS I WANT! NO BEDTIME! WITH THIS KIND OF LIFE, THERE IS NO RULES! NOT EVEN GRAMATICAL ONES! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!" The evil laugh bounded off of the wooden walls, to the ceiling, causing some dust to fall from the ceiling fan.