Chapter 36: The Real Blood Bath

Gyro had been out for a few hours and Gloria's hands were aching from covering his wound and feeling his pulse at the same time. He was beginning to feel cold.

God... he was getting worse by the second. This was bad. Very bad.

Although his pulse hadn't slowed down, enough was enough for Gloria. She began shaking him awake.

"Gyro... Gyro..."

He was still breathing but she was almost sure he wasn't going to wake up. Yet, she refused to admit that to herself.

"Gyro..." Gloria's voice cracked.

The third time was the charm.

Gyro immediately tensed up from the pain when he came to once again. Sadly his body hadn't gone numb yet. And to make matters worse, he was freezing. A dead give away he didn't have much time yet.

He made eye contact with Gloria almost immediately. "Hm? D-did my p-pulse slow down?" Fuck. It was difficult to get words out. He knew he was a goner.

"No, you were fine... I just think you should try to stay awake for a while. Can you talk to me?"

"Y-yes..." A part of him wanted to curl up because of how cold he was. Even if he attempted, he would be too weak. "Gloria, I'm not going to make it much longer. N-not even an hour."

Gloria started tearing up again. "Is there anything I can do?!" Her voice cracked again as she frantically looked around the room again. There wasn't anything new. She was specifically looking for a phone so she could call an ambulance. "Goddamnit goddamnit goddamnit..." She muttered under her breath. "I-I don't know what to do!"

"You don't know what to do because t-there is nothing you can do."

Gloria had never heard him speak so softly before. But he wasn't doing it on purpose; Gyro couldn't raise his voice at all.

"I deserve this after everything I've done to you." He said. "Just p-promise me you'll escape. With B-Boyd."

"You don't deserve to die, Gyro! Don't say things like that!" She couldn't help but raise her voice at him. That wasn't going to help anything though so she took a deep breath as a means of starting her sentence over "... I'm going to do everything I can to get Boyd out of here, Gyro. I promise you." Tears started streaming down Gloria's face again. "I'll make sure he's happy a-and he goes to school, and everything!"

Gyro smiled. It was horrible, but he was glad Gloria had accepted what was going to happen.

"And m-make sure Mark doesn't steal information from the l-lab. I still hate that g-guy." After all this time. But Gyro was the only sane one when it came to that. The fact the rest of the Glomsquad could hold a conversation with Mark was immaculate. "I'm sorry we're here and I'm sorry this happened. I should h-have known F.O.W.L would get us t-this easily. I should have made us stay in D.C."

She shook her head. "No, don't apologize. You didn't know... None of this is your fault, Gyro." She gently repositioned the arm that was being used to support Gyro's head so he was leaning on her more and she wasn't keeping her hand on his pulse anymore. "... are you still in pain?" Fuck, the fact that she felt so hopeless in all of this was eating her alive.

"Y-yes, but not for much longer." Well that was dark. "You w-won't agree with me now, but I k-know you'll be able to move on." His voice was even more shaky. "You need to l-leave Duckburg. I don't want bad things to continue to happen to you when I'm gone."

That contradicted his request about keeping Mark away from his lab, but Fenton would be able to do that just fine.

"Bring Boyd w-with you and hopefully Ellie will join. Leave Mark to die."