Chapter 18: CVS

The same waitress that had served Steelbeak and Kyle the other day returned to their table once again.

"Well, hey y'all! How's my favorite customers!"

Steelbeak blushed. This was only their second time at that particular MILF Denny's but they must've made a good first impression.

"We're doing great!"

Kyle shrugged. "Meh. I kinda gotta take a shit but other than that I'm doing fine."

The waitress winked and blew them both a kiss despite that weird comment from Kyle.

"Would you like the same thing as last time?"

Both Steelbeak and Kyle gave her thumbs up.

The waitress jotted that down before leaning on the table to show her cleavage once again, but this time she turned her attention to Wyatt. "And what would you like, sweet stuff?" She didn't question why the hell he looked beat up because this was MILF Denny's and no one gave a shit.

Wyatt, being the woman respecter he was, blushed and looked away from the waitress. "Oh- uhhhh... do you have any pancakes? I'll have those, please." This man legit asked if they served pancakes... at a Denny's.

The waitress got up from leaning on the table and wrote his order down. "Comin' right up, sugar!" She blew them another kiss, with extra lipstick, before walking to another table.

Wyatt still had his face covered. He was too embarrassed being in a place like this.

"Boy do I love MILF Denny's..." Steelbeak had a goofy grin across his face. He wasn't speaking to anyone in particular.

Kyle nodded. "Me too, buddy. Me too." He was still setting up his mini IKEA chair, but as soon as he was done, he turned his attention back to Wyatt. "So, Wyatt, right? Sorry Steelbeak beat you up back there. We didn't mean to hurt a friend."

"We didn't?"

Kyle shot Steelbeak a glare. "No. We didn't." He cockroach growled before continuing. "So, what's running through your mind? No need to be scared. We won't hurt ya."

Wyatt was still pretty uncomfortable being around Steelbeak and Kyle. It probably had to do with the fact that they had just beaten his face in. He started to fiddle with the closed napkin that was still wrapped around a fork and knife. "Ummm... well- I- I guess I'm kind of upset about Ellie and Mark... leaving... and ditching me with you guys. I know Mar- oh, Mr. Beaks doesn't really like me... but Ellie?" He sighed. "I just want to go home..."

"Being with Ellie made me feel like I was at home, Wyatt. She was my home. Until she betrayed me. Betrayed all of us." Kyle bawled his fist and turned away dramatically, his eyes tearing up. The restaurant dimmed as a light focused on him. "She did the same to Steelbeak years ago. Loved him only to stab him over and over again. She uses guys like us until she strikes. You know why that is? It's because she's programmed to love Mark, he programmed her to, so she uses her free time to toy with people's feelings. People like you. People like us..." Sad violin music began to play. Steelbeak wiped a tear from his eye too. "Steelbeak and I aren't the best of people. Yeah, we're villains. But did you ever think that maybe Mark and Ellie are villains too? There was a reason Boyd left his family, known as the Glomsquad. You don't know all the members, but they've murdered and taken down so many people. They may as well be a gang! I know for one Ellie has been a drug dealer in the past with her friend Gloria, committed arson, and that's on top of all the lies and murders. There's probably more I don't even know." Yeah. Kyle did his research. "Mr. B is after her and her squad for a reason. It's because they're worse than we are. Steelbeak and I branched off from him, but the fact multiple people are after them says something, doesn't it?" He leaned forward. "So, who do you think is more of the villain?"