Chapter 31: Jeffers Gets Shot

Stealbeak was taking a lovely morning walk on the beach. Alone with his thoughts and Duck Jesus. Oh wait, Kyle was there too.

Of course they were still in the town outside of Duckburg since that city was a fucking mess, but the entire Glomsquad stayed on call just in case Mara needed back up. She claimed she wouldn't.

"Hey, Kyle... do you want to go to MILF Denny's after this?"

"Do you even need to ask at this point?"

"Of course! I always need to ask permission. That's what Duck Jesus would want of me." He paused. "Duck Jesus also wants me to ask if you're doing okay. You seem a bit down in the dumps."

He sighed. "Yeah... I overheard my parents talking about me... Apparently mo- Ellie doesn't want to see me ever again. She convinced Mark to do the same. So after today I won't have a family to turn to." In case you were wondering where Kyle was in the hotel room, he was chilling in the air vents. Sometimes cockroaches do that.

Stealbeak frowned before patting Kyle on the shoulder who was on his shoulder. "That's rough buddy. But you got me, right? I'll be your family! And you can come to church with me every Sunday. The church is my family too and Duck Jesus helps me find my true path in life."

Kyle gave a weak smile. "I guess that wouldn't be so bad. Thanks, Stealbeak. It's still sad though... Before Ellie regained her memories, she said that she would be willing to reconnect with me. To patch things up, you know? I hate that she went back on her word..."

"It wasn't her word. It was that other girl's word. Um... Lilly or something." Steelbeak shrugged, almost knocking Kyle off of his shoulder. "You should try talking to her again, man. Don't give up. And if she's still being a 'not nice person', then talk to your dad! And if he is being a 'not nice person', then talk to Duck Jesus!"

"You're right. I really love them so if I want to make my relationship with them work, then I need to fight for it! Convince them that I'm their good little son again!"

"That's the spirit! The Holy Spirit! HAHA! Get it?! Do you get my joke? Get it?"

"Good to see ya again, traitors..." Toodles was in front of them, seemingly appearing from nowhere. And of course he had two big ass robots with him.

"Oh, hey, Toodles! Enjoying the nice morning that our lord and savior provided for us?" Stealbeak smiled and waved at him.

"NO, YA IDIOT!" Toodles picked up sand and threw it at the two of them like the bad bitch he was. "YA BETRAYED F.O.W.L! YA LET MARK, ELLIE, AND BOYD GO! YOU'RE PATHETIC AND A DISGRACE TO OUR ORGANIZATION! AND FOR THAT YA WILL PAY!"

Stealbeak wiped his face from the sand and took a step back. "Woah! Calm down, Toodles! Kyle and I did what our God told us to do, which was the right thing!"

Kyle whispered to him "Hey, maybe cut back on the christianity talk for a minute? We're about to be captured."

"WELL GOD'S TELLING ME YA BITCHES ARE GOIN' DOWN!" He turned the safety on his gun off because now things were getting real.

The click was a sign for the robots to take both Kyle and Steelbeak into custody.

Kyle only needed to be placed into a tiny lantern like Captain Hook did to Tinker Bell.

"Man. I can't wait until Mr. B gets to have a word with ya both." Toodles wiped a fake tear from his eye just because he could. "Ya had everything, ya know? Good pay, an organization that treated ya like family. The world was soon going to be in ya hands but ya threw it away like it was nothin'! And for what? Because you suddenly wanted to be the good guys after seeking revenge for years?! Joining the enemy is unforgivable!"