Chapter 8: Mark Is A Prostitute

Wyatt sat down at the small kitchen table with Boyd and Ellie. He handed him a small bowl of Kraft mac n cheese.

"S-sorry it isn't much. Most of my money goes to my family who lives across town rather than my own health. Haha."

Ellie answered for Boyd. "It is fine. I am sure he appreciates it." It was somewhat rude to not let Boyd answer for himself but Ellie was literally just born, so she thought, which sort of gave her a free pass. At least in Boyd's mind, anyway. "Thank you for letting us stay with you, Wyatt."

"It's no trouble at all! It was the very least I could do and I-I'm thankful that you two are safe." Wyatt smiled at the two of them.

Boyd smiled back "This mac and cheese is really good! Thank you, Mr. Wyatt!"

"You're welcome, Boyd! I'll be sure to go to the store later and buy you some more."

"Make sure to add vegetables to that list of yours. Mac and Cheese is not enough for a child." Ellie added.

A few minutes of silence passed. Wyatt wanted to start up another conversation but Ellie still intimidated him so he kept quiet while Boyd finished his Mac N Cheese.

Eventually Ellie looked back over at Boyd to ask the question that was on both her and Wyatt's mind. "Boyd. Do you mind telling us what happened back at Funso's Fun Zone? We are both very concerned."

Boyd frowned and stared down at the table "When I was in the ballpit I saw my dad talking to another man about... horrible things." He looked up at Ellie. "It'll be hard to explain because you lost your memories but he was talking to the other man about the plans to hurt you, me and the rest of the Glomsquad." Boyd felt kind of silly saying 'Glomsquad' but he wasn't ready to say his old family members' names out loud. He hadn't been allowed to talk about them for years, so it was an old habit. "I think we are all in danger and there seems to be one person in charge of hurting each person.... I ran away before I could hear any more."

"... you were serious then. When you said I lost my memories. You know me." Ellie paused. She honestly didn't want to know much information now that she looked back on when she first met Boyd. He was so scared of her. She must've done something terrible and she was afraid to hear it. She wasn't sure if she would ask about it quite yet. "How?"

"It was a few years ago. We were in this awful camp and I was alone and then you took me in. You were my mom and Mark Beaks, your boyfriend, helped raise me along with Dr. Gearloose and his girlfriend, Gloria. All four of you took care of me for a while. But... There were a lot of horrible things that happened and I got into a big argument with all of you and... I left. That was about two years ago. For the majority of that time I was with my da- Mr. B."

Wyatt's face turned pale. He knew that his old boss had a wife. Every employee did. It was a big deal. He had no idea that Ellie was his wife and he wanted to ask Boyd about that more but he decided against it. There were a lot more important questions to be answered.

Ellie scrunched up her dress in her hands as she looked down. She could've sworn she hadn't forgotten anything when there were no missing spots in her data, but she could tell Boyd was telling the truth after analyzing his tone. Whoever took her memories away were good and very experienced. Her eyes drifted to her wedding ring and she cringed, taking it off and stuffing it into her dress pocket. That was too weird to think about for now. Her loving an organic was a disgusting thought. Or loving anyone in general.

There were too many things to ask Boyd, making it extremely hard for Ellie to settle on the best question to ask. It had to be a good one so she didn't have to keep bombarding him.

Yet, her mind drifted to a question revolving her and something she still didn't want the answer to.

"What did I do to you?"