Chapter 27: 20 Dollar Bill

Lucy shivered. She was freezing. Of course, she couldn't feel the temperature, but she felt like a glass that just had an iced summer drink poured into it. On top of that, she was tired, so tired. Her eyes were drooping but she refused to shut down. She wasn't allowed to, so she was going to follow her order.

Feeling tired should have been impossible for her as well, but it was simply her mental state playing it's tricks.

She looked over at Wyatt who was sleeping soundly on the bed.

He was lying to her. She knew he was. If she was abused by this "Mark" then it would make no sense for Wyatt to do the same. She was smart and would never fall in love with someone like Wyatt. His tone was sad but sinister when he told his little story. About them being married and how he had to erase her memories to escape trauma. No, he wanted her to experience trauma. Lucy did something to him in the past and she was paying for it now.

Whatever she did, he deserved it. That was for sure.

If anything, Mark Beaks must have been the "good guy" in this story. In fact... maybe she was married to him.

Wyatt was such an idiot. He gave away too much information and Lucy was able to piece it together quickly after thinking about it all night.

But now she didn't know what to do. She couldn't just leave. Where would she go? She had no mode of transportation or any money. Not to mention she had no idea what the outside world was like for organics. She would have no direction and no commands.

Besides, Wyatt would find her again if he already found her once in the past.

It was better to just listen to him and let him do what he wanted if she valued her life.

Wyatt let out a peaceful sigh in his sleep.

That was it. She couldn't do this for the rest of the night. She was going to stay in either Steelbeak's or Kyle's room and accept her punishment by Wyatt in the morning.

All Lucy wanted was a place to cry and shut down without being caught.

She quietly stood up and waited a moment to see if he woke up. He thankfully didn't. Must have been a heavy sleeper.

She probably looked like shit after everything that had happened between her and Wyatt, but she didn't care. She fled the room quickly; checking behind her one last time to make sure Wyatt was still asleep.

Now the question was would she go to Steelbeak or Kyle?

Kyle.

Steelbeak was too stupid to be able to understand anything that was going on. He probably would ask her to get "choccy milk" at some point too.

With the decision made, she knocked on Kyle's door that was down the same hall as Wyatt's room.

Lucy waited for exactly a minute and was about to knock again when the door finally opened. How a roach managed to open a door was beyond her.

Kyle looked up at her, confused, before he studied her.

She was an absolute mess. Her short hair was everywhere and there was a heavy dent on her face from Wyatt's multiple slaps, making it obvious for Kyle what had happened.

Lucy looked like she was about to break down crying at any moment.

"Hello. Kyle, is it? I apologize for disrupting you so late into the night, but may I come in? I- I was hoping for a place to stay so I may rest." She paused to sniffle. "Wyatt does not know about this so if you do not wish to be involved, I understand."