Chapter 20: Chick-Fil-A

Steelbeak, Kyle, Wyatt, and Mark stood in like in a very crowded Chick-fil-a, with an uncomfortable amount of kids there which made the whole situation just peachy.

Mark didn't know how to feel. His wife was just buried alive, but man oh man he loved him some Chick-fil-a.

Steelbeak turned to Mark. "So whaddya want?"

They were all being so nice to him which was really fucking weird. Especially since Steelbeak had major beef with him in the past. But Kyle probably convinced them to play it cool since he had some weird obsession with his 'father'. That thought sent shivers up his spine. Ewwww.

"I want the number three." Mark held up three fingers. He didn't want to say anything more. He was too uncomfortable and he didn't want to be the one to pay since he was, or still is rich from being a prostitute.

Steelbeak gave him a thumbs up. Kyle and Wyatt got the number one while Steelbeak got something from the kids menu, along with an apple juice.

Soon enough, the four were sitting by a window in painful silence. Well it was painful for Mark; especially since Wyatt was literally glaring at him. God. What a bitch. Mark decided on taking out his phone to tweet about it. And there was Wi-Fi! Hell yeah!

"So, father..." Kyle was still setting up his tiny IKEA chair while he spoke. "I know getting over mother is going to be hard, but I promise you the three of us aren't so bad. We're going to make so many memories together."

"Ohhhh yeahhh okay um none of that sounds cool to me soooooo... How about, and hear me out, you don't kill Ellie and everything can just be as chill as it is now? We can still like, go to Chick-fil-a and stuff. Cool? Cool."

"No. That doesn't sound cool at all." Wyatt kept glaring at Mark.

"Which part?"

"All of it. You are not going to be staying with us thinking that your life is somewhat better now. I came here to make sure that you were dealt with in the most painful way and gosh darn it, I meant it!"

Mark propped his arm across the seat and looked around the restaurant. "What, you mean you came to Chick-fil-a to deal with me? Weird."

"NO! I mean becoming a bad guy! I became a bad guy to hurt you!"

"Okay, whatever you say chief." Mark shrugged Wyatt off and turned his attention towards Steelbeak and Kyle. "Hey, do you think they would give me a child's toy if I asked?"

Wyatt was internally screaming at him. How anyone could stand Mark Beaks is beyond him.

Steelbeak, who was next to Mark, patted him on the shoulder. "Sure thing! Just say you're bringing it home for your kid! I do that everytime they forget to give me one with my kids' meal!" He turned his attention to Wyatt immediately after. "Also, it's good to have you back Wyatt! I thought we lost you back there when you got all sad!"

Kyle nodded. "Yep! I'm glad you pulled it together. Eventually nothing 'bugs' you anymore, I promise." No one laughed at that pun. Steelbeak would have if he was smart enough to get it.

Despite that, Kyle paused, thinking very deeply for a moment. This was going to hurt to say, but Wyatt deserved a reward to keep him going. "I still want my father to live, but since you're doing such a good job being a villain, I'll let you torture my dad. Just a little."

That was going to bite Kyle in the ass. But as long as Mark survived it would be fine. He would just make sure to not be present when Wyatt did his thing.

Wyatt was subconsciously clutching his metal fork. "I'll take you up on that offer, Kyle."

Mark was either too stupid or too laid back to care what Wyatt was saying. "Annnnnndddd another thing! So are we just gonna stay here in Texas? I kinda hate it here. It'd be cool if we could just carry this whole kidnapping and buried alive thing back to Duckburg. Thoughts? I'm all ears here tonight, fellas."