Chapter 9: I'm Sorry You Chose To Read This

Lucy cautiously looked around as she stepped out of the vehicle first. Though she appreciated Wyatt inviting them over to his family's home for Boyd to spend time with other children, she was still paranoid about Mr. B.

She opened the backseat for Boyd to step out when she deemed it safe.

Wyatt stepped out of the car too. He walked with the two of them to the front door and knocked. "I already told my family that you'll be joining us and they are all very excited to meet the two of you!"

The door swung open with all of Wyatt's siblings rushing out to grab/tackle Wyatt.

"W-woah ha ha! Hey guys!" Wyatt tried his best to hug all of them but they were all too excited. They barely even noticed that Lucy and Boyd were standing right there.

"We missed you, Wyatt!"one of Wyatt's younger sisters yelled.

"I missed you too!"

When they all calmed down. Wyatt gestured to Lucy and Boyd to introduce them. "Charlotte, Adley, Lucas, this is Lucy and Boyd!"

All three of them smiled and waved. They were just as polite as Wyatt! Somebody raised their children right for once, unlike all you sinners reading fanfiction.

Lucy smiled as best as she could, which wasn't very natural considering she still didn't like organic children. "It is nice to meet you all."

Boyd, on the other hand, was much more willing to socialize. "Hi! I'm Boyd! And I'm a definitely- um, well, it's nice to meet you guys. I hope we can be friends. I haven't exactly played with other kids in a while so... sorry if I'm a bit awkward."

"That's okay! We were just about to play tag in the backyard! C'mon!" Lucas grabbed Boyd's hand and the four of them ran around the house to go play. That left Wyatt and Lucy alone at the front door. Wyatt continued to laugh while he watched them leave.

"Sorry. They can be pretty loud sometimes. They're just excited to have another friend to play with. Do you want to go inside?" Wyatt gestured at the front door that was left wide open when all of his siblings came out.

"They are loud, but that is alright. Anyone who is nice to Boyd is fine by me." To be honest, a part of Lucy was jealous of Wyatt's family thus far. The way they were so excited to see him at the door. She wished she would be able to have that one day. "And yes. I think going inside would be a lovely idea. Are your parents home?"

The two of them went inside with Wyatt closing the front door behind them. "Y-yeah they should be."

"IS THAT MY WYATT?!"

Wyatt started to laugh nervously as he saw his mom approaching with big open arms. She was practically smothering him. "I-it's good to see you too, mom!"

When Wyatt's mother finally let him go, she smiled at Lucy. "Oh, you must be Lucy! It's so nice to finally meet you! Wyatt has been telling me all about you!"

Wyatt started to blush.

Lucy scrunched up her face. "Why?"

"Because, silly, aren't you two dating?!"

"AH! HEY! Mom! N-no we aren't dating!" Wyatt started to frantically wave his hands to get her to stop talking. "S-she's just a friend!" He started to blush harder.

"Oooooohhhh if you say so." Wyatt's mother wasn't buying it but she dropped it nonetheless. "Come in! Make yourselves at home!" She waved at Wyatt and Lucy to follow her into the living room that was connected to the kitchen. Wyatt and Lucy went to sit on the couch together while his mother went to the kitchen."I'm almost done making lunch! You're welcome to stay and eat with us!" She was referring to Lucy and Boyd.