Chapter 25: I Forgot A Title

Ellie, or 'Lucy' rather, sat in a roadside diner along with Steelbeak, Kyle, and not 'ya boy', because he sucks, Wyatt. They had only been driving for about two hours and Lucy still hadn't said anything, she was conscious but silent. What they didn't know was Lucy had ripped her flashdrive out so harshly, in such a way, that it shocked her system, making the reset process take longer. Of course, she was smart enough to do that on purpose.

At the moment, Lucy was staring at Steelbeak and he was beginning to sweat. He gulped and looked over at Wyatt. "Ummm... how long is she gonna stay like this? It's, like, sorta creepy. I hope that's not offensive but I gotta speak the truth here. That's what the bible says."

"Shut up, Steelbeak. No one gives a fuck about the bible!" Wyatt snapped and looked over at Lucy again. "Stupid bitch... it didn't take this long for her to restart the first time! What's taking so long?!" He started shoving her. "Hey! Wake the hell up!"

Kyle was quiet for the most part. He hated Ellie but... she sacrificed everything for his father. The only person in his life he cared about. Wyatt was planning on killing him despite all of his pleas but Ellie was able to change his mind. He couldn't stay mad at her if she did something so selfless. "Wyatt, buddy, maybe give the shoving a rest?"

Wyatt stopped only to shoot Kyle a glare. "Excuse me?! I'll do whatever the fuck I want to do!" He shoved Lucy one last time to prove a point. "I like you better when you're quiet so maybe keep it that way!"

That shut Kyle up again.

A waitress finally approached the table. Took long enough even though they entered the diner and sat down literally two minutes ago but whatever.

"Howdy, y'all! The name's Rose." She tapped her nametag. "May I get you gentlemen, and lady, something to eat?" She started to laugh as soon as she eyed them up and down. Yes they were still in their 1869 gear. "Are y'all tourists?"

Wyatt fumed but Steelbeak laughed back and tilted his cowboy hat. "These three are," He gestured to Ellie, Wyatt and Kyle. "But me? My stepdad is from Texas so I've been here two times! I know everything about this country!"

Kyle drew a hand down his face.

"Anyway! The lady will pass but I'll have some OJ, not Simpson, but the juice." Steelbeak had to clarify. "And I'll have two plates of the 'Morning Partner'! Eggs sunny side up... and can you make a smiley face with the bacon?"

Rose laughed again. "Sure thing, cupcake. And you, little man."

Kyle blushed. "I'll have the 'Old Timer Pancakes' please. And a sprite!"

"Absolutely! What about you, sugar?" She finally turned to a very impatient Wyatt whose face was red. "Oh, I know it's a bit hot down south. You'll get used to it. Try fanning yourself with the menu." Rose picked up Steelbeak's menu and fanned herself as an example.

Wyatt ignored that comment but he was clearly pissed off. "Belgian waffles with black coffee." He practically threw his menu at the waitress.

"Right away, sir." Her entire mood shifted as she grabbed the remaining menu off the table and walked away. Oh yeah, she was going to spit in his waffles.

Steelbeak was shocked. "Hey, that wasn't very nice. You shouldn't treat waitresses like that."

"Oh I'm sorry, are you telling me what to do, Steelbeak?!"

"N-No! I just thought-"

Wyatt cut him off. "Well I didn't ask to hear what your himbo ass thinks now did I!?"

Steelbeak fell silent. Damn. Now that he was alone in his thoughts, he realized that he wanted OJ and choccy milk! He forgot to tell the waitress! Hopefully if she isn't pissed with the whole table he'll tell her.