Chapter 32: Goth IHOP

Mark, Ellie, Steelbeak, and Kyle sat inside a holding cell. Obviously. What else would happen in this fanfiction?

But the bars weren't metal, simply a holographic sheet.

They were in Waddle afterall. F.O.W.L had all the access they needed to the latest technology so their recently-built cells were top of the line.

Where was Boyd you ask? Well, sadly for Wyatt, he wasn't able to torture Boyd himself. Mr. B had asked for him so he was separated from the Glomsquad as soon as they entered Waddle, much to Ellie's horror.

Wyatt had left twenty minutes ago to drop off Boyd, so he would definitely be back soon to do whatever he had in mind. Possibly something stupid and cliche if his ideas matched his cape.

Ellie sniffled and turned her attention to Kyle, glaring. "This is all your fault."

"What?! My fault?! How is this my fault?! I don't work for F.O.W.L. anymore! I tried to save both you and father!" Kyle wasn't exactly in the best mood either. Everyone hates being imprisoned.

She scoffed. "How is it not your fault?! This all happened to Mark, Boyd, and I because you and Steelbeak could not stop seeking petty revenge. If it was not for you, my family would have remained safe on the run and Wyatt would not have gone insane to begin with. But you decided to convince him to join your side, and now look at where we are. Tell me I am wrong."

Kyle started getting tears in his eyes. "I know I messed up but now I'm asking for you to forgive me! I need you to trust me so we can get out of here alive! Please, let me prove to you that I am a changed bug!"

"How can some insect get us out of here?" Ellie liked insects so the fact she used it as an insult said a lot. "I will never forgive! You are the reason my actual child is in danger, not some sorry excuse for one!"

Steelbeak and Mark gasped in unison.

"FINE! I KNOW WHEN I'M NOT WANTED!" Kyle crawled towards one of the airvents and did a dramatic turnaround back at Ellie. "I'll prove to you that I'm better! I can't change my past but I will be damned if I do nothing to save us in the future! Goodbye parents... and Steelbeak." Kyle crawled into the airvents and left the holding cell before anyone could reply.

"Ya know..." Steelbeak finally spoke up. "Duck Jesus is very disappointed. You're supposed to treat everyone with respect and kindness."

"Shut the fuck up, Steelbeak! No one cares about you or your idiotic religion!"

Steelbeak began to sob in the corner, scrunching himself up into a ball.

Mark put a hand on Ellie's shoulder. "Hey, babe? Maybe cool it with the roasts?" He really only said that because he figured that he would be the next person yelled at.

She slapped his hand off of her. "Who's side are you on?! Are you actually empathetic towards them?!" Ellie knew the answer was yes so she didn't even pause before continuing. "How ridiculous. You are not on my side but you will not say that to my face because you are simply a coward."

Well that backfired on him. "Ellie! We are all stressed out! You can't keep yelling at us and making everyone cry! What if that's what F.O.W.L. wants us to do?!"

"That is not what they want! They want to kill us and that is that!" Now she just straight up turned her back to him. "You are nothing but a dull-minded, half-witted, riddling, roguish, effeminate, limp-wristed, weak-kneed, false-hearted, backstabbing, infuriating, obnoxious, arrogant, vegatious, galling, egocentric BASTARD!"

Steelbeak picked his head up to look at Mark and muttered under his breath. "Ouch..."

Mark ignored him. Now he was close to crying too. "Not cool, dude! I know that you're upset about being captured and Boyd but you can't just roast me like that! Ugh!" Mark joined Steelbeak in the corner and curled up in a ball too. "Thanks for making everyone here more miserable than we already were!"