Chapter 7: The Mothmans

"Wyatt, this is Boyd." Ellie shoved Boyd forward, a bit too hard considering she didn't know how sensitive children were. And she also didn't care. "I am tasked to babysit him these next few days so he will be accompanying us during our work."

Wyatt bent down to be on Boyd's level and held his hand out for a high five. "Hey, Boyd! It's really nice to meet you."

Boyd politely gave Wyatt a hive five. "Hi."

He stood up again and looked at Ellie. "I don't think Boyd would have any fun staying here all day. Why don't you take Boyd over to Funso's Fun Zone for a while and I can cover your shift before our lunch break!"

Ellie gasped. "Are you mad?! I was ordered to stay on Waddle property and that is what I will do." She gestured to herself and her expression made it clear she believed she was the only competent one in the room. "Besides, Mr. B commanded me to make sure Boyd does not leave the premises either. And I follow orders, unlike someone like you who goofs off all day and is horrid at his job."

Wyatt smiled and waved his hand, brushing off Ellie's insults. "Aw that guy never comes around here. I'm sure if you left for a few hours he wouldn't even know!"

"Well... if we aren't caught, that would be pretty fun... I haven't been to Funso's Fun Zone in a long time."

Wyatt started to back Boyd up. "Yeah, you see?! He wants to go and it's only a few blocks away from here so you can come back anytime. And... I-if it's fine with you, I could maybe tag along with you guys?"

Ellie glared at the both of them. "Fine. But I'll have you know, Wyatt, that if we are caught, I will make sure you take all the blame. I am simply a robot so it will be easy for me to say you commanded me to go. And with that, down goes your career and I take your place."

Wyatt gulped. "O-oh... okay then. Looks like I will make sure that you two aren't caught. Ha..." He walked over to the door and opened it for both Ellie and Boyd. "I have some money so Boyd can have some tickets for the games."

She ignored him, storming out of the room to head toward the exit of the building. She wasn't happy about this. At all.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ellie looked at the children running around and cringed. "This is disgusting." She then looked at Boyd, crossing her arms and huffing. "As a fellow robot, I thought you would be more competent and know better than to enjoy measly, idiotic, children's activities. But I suppose I was wrong. You are like the organics for some reason." That wasn't a compliment if that wasn't already clear enough.

Boyd gave her a weird look before shrugging it off and running into the play area where other kids were.

Ellie and Wyatt both sat at a round table that overlooked the play area and watched Boyd. Wyatt was the first one to break the silence. "So I take it you don't really like kids, huh?" He started to awkwardly tap his hands on the table while he spoke.

"No. They are annoying and a waste of space on this planet." She stated, bluntly.

Wyatt knew Ellie always cut straight to the point of her very absorb and offensive opinions, but it still always caught him a bit off guard. She continued on, not caring for his concerned look.

"...thought, I will admit... Boyd is not all that bad." There was a pause. "I am starting to think Mr. B is not that great of a person. Boyd told me that he had been locked away for years because people are hunting him down. I may have not been 'alive' for long, but that does not sit quite right with me." Another pause. "I should not doubt Mr. B like that. It is not my place as a machine."