Chapter 13: Gyro's Head

"W-w-wait... s-so you aren't rich anymore but you can afford this fancy of a hotel?" Wyatt gestured to the lobby around them. The place was definitely five star.

Mark looked around the hotel as well and shrugged. "Eh, it's alright." To him, this was like a Holiday Inn. "Anyways, I'm getting two rooms soooooo..." That was mostly directed to Wyatt. Another jab for him to stay away. Mark left them to talk to the front desk about getting rooms for the night, leaving Ellie, Wyatt, and Boyd.

Ellie sighed and turned to Wyatt. "I apologize he is being so rude to you. Boyd may stay with you for the night."

Boyd didn't object. That's what he preferred. Mark was still a bit much and always was so...

"As for me, I think Mark will want me to stay with him." Saying that outloud made her cringe.

"Yeah I got that impression..." Wyatt didn't want to be rude but he'd be lying if he said that this whole thing wasn't making him uncomfortable. "I-It's okay though. Boyd and I can hang out and you're welcome to stop by anytime."

"I was thinking we could watch a movie." Boyd suggested. "I haven't been able to watch tv in years." Man. Poor kid.

That literally made Wyatt's heart break. "Oh my goodness, Boyd, of course! You can watch as many movies as you'd like!" There would be movies that would just be on TV for free but Wyatt just assumed that any movie charges that Boyd made, Mark would be able to pay for.

Speaking of that little devil, Mark walked back over to them, tossing one of the room keys at Wyatt. "Alright we're good to go! Soooooooooo yeah, later Wyatt. Buh byeeeeeee!' Mark gave a fake smile and waved at him as if he was already leaving.

Ellie looked at Mark. "Boyd will be staying with Wyatt for the night."

Knowing Mark well enough, Boyd made a point to already be on his way with Wyatt before Mark could start a scene with him there to witness it. He was trying to bond with Mark again, sure, but baby steps needed to be taken.

"Ughhhhhhhh! God! Okay whatever, I'll chill with the little dude later then. Let's go." Mark and Ellie walked to their room. He made sure to get a room on one of the higher levels so it could overlook the city better. He was extra like that.

When they got to the room, the first thing Mark did was charge at the bed, jump, and flop onto his stomach.

Ellie, on the other hand, just stood there awkwardly until eventually sitting down on the other side of the bed. On the edge. "I hope you do not mind me asking, but how are you able to afford such a nice hotel when Waddle, as well as all of your belongings, were taken from you?" She didn't mean to get all up in his business, but she was genuinely curious.

Oh shit. He knew he was going to have to tell her at some point. Might as well go ahead and rip the bandaid off now. Mark sat up on the bed to look at Ellie, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "Ha ha... yeahhhhhhhh about that... So yeah, I did lose everything but I started doing... work... to start getting rich again. That's what I've been doing for the past few days before I came here."

"You made that much money in a few days?" She was starting to sound like a gold digger but she was just impressed, despite not caring for currency. He was a businessman so maybe she shouldn't be.

"Well the work I was doing was good money..." Okay he really just needed to rip the bandaid off now. "It was uhhh... prositiution. Yep not my best moment, I'll admit."

Ellie gave him a confused look until deciding to search her data. "Hm... oh-" She cut herself off and shot him a disgusted look. "But you are married to me, correct?" That didn't need to be clarified.