Chapter 10: Dingles?!

After Heidi and Gloria were done with their whole ketchup fake crime scene fiasco, their Uber brought them home. Heidi was dropped off at her apartment first. It was about four in the morning when Gloria finally got home.

When she gently closed the front door behind her she noticed that Gyro had been texting her all night wondering where she was. Oops. She really needs to do better on texting him back. She hoped that he was already asleep so she wouldn't have to deal with his freak out so late at night.

Their bedroom door was closed with the lights off so it looked like it. She lucked out.

She snuck her way in there, took off her shoes, and jumped into bed without even bothering to change into pajamas. It was literally four in the morning and homie was beat.

It was then Gyro shifted in bed before his eyes opened.

Goddamnit.

"Gloria?" It was clear he was still waking up and was hella groggy. At least that meant he wouldn't be yelling. "Where were you?"

Shit. She didn't think of a lie to tell him yet. "Oh uh... nowhere really. I was just... walking around. Ya know?"

Gyro may have been tired but he wasn't tired enough to fall for that. He gave her a strange look. "Taking a walk in the city at night and ignoring my texts? Seriously, where were you? Was it a bar?"

Double shit. "No, I didn't go to a bar. I was just... hanging out with Heidi. I guess we both just lost track of the time."

He gave her another strange look. "That's not that big of a deal so why then did you feel the need to lie?"

"Who said I was lying? Could I not walk around and hang out with Heidi?"

"Ummm... okay." Gyro still had an odd feeling but decided it was best to ignore it. That letter he had received was still weighing on his mind and he didn't want to have to worry about anything else. "Well, get some sleep." He turned his back to her without another word.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wyatt was at work all day and Lucy, being paranoid, didn't have the guts to take Boyd anywhere. Boyd was a bit anxious as well and didn't protest.

For now the two were simply just drawing with the crayons Wyatt had on hand for when his siblings came over.

Lucy looked over at Boyd's paper and smiled. "You are very talented." And she meant it. Though it was probably because he was a robot.

"Thank you!" When Boyd was finished with his drawing, he carefully tore it out of the coloring book and stuck it on Wyatt's refrigerator with a magnet. He smiled proudly at his work before going back to his coloring book to start another drawing.

"Do you mind if I ask you something, Boyd?"

"Sure. Is everything okay?" He wasn't looking at her. He was continuing to draw in his coloring book.

Everything wasn't okay, but Lucy nodded anyway.

"I was just wondering what would happen if I regained my memories somehow and became who I once was. If that does happen, would you not want to be around me?"

Boyd put down his crayon and thought about that question for a moment. "... I'm not sure... A part of me wants to see my old family again. I miss them. A lot, actually. More so now that all of this is happening. I don't know if they've changed and there was a reason why I left in the first place. I don't want to be around criminals again. Though, I suppose Mr. B was a criminal too all along..." He sighed "I just don't know. They were the only ones who have ever treated me kindly. Oh. Besides you and Mr. Wyatt of course."