Chapter 14: Hello, Father

Ellie jolted awake and wondered why until she heard the knocking at the door. It was only 1:41 am. Odd. Wyatt probably came over because he was paranoid, or perhaps Boyd had a nightmare. Or Mark ordered room service which was most likely the case. Either way, as mean as it sounded, Ellie wasn't in the mood to be disturbed. She turned around and punched Mark a little too hard to wake him up.

"Owwwwwwww! Whhhhyyyyyyyyy?!" Mark whined while he woke up. He changed sleeping positions and attempted to go back to sleep. Ellie didn't let him obviously and he was met by another punch. "Dude, knock it off!" Mark was still trying to go back to sleep.

"Someone is at the door. You get it." Her tone made it clear he didn't have a choice and she turned her back to him like a little bitch.

"Ughhhhhhhhh!" Mark sluggishly got up from the bed and answered the door. He didn't even bother to look up to see who it was and he was too tired to care. "Look, can you just leave?"

"Hello, father."

"Who?" Mark looked up to see who it was. It was Steelbeak! Mark was too stunned to move or react but he wondered why Steelbeak would call him his father. After closer inspection he noticed a tiny bug on Steelbeak's shoulder that was sporting an evil grin. He squinted his eyes at the cockroach before rubbing them awake. "Kyle?"

"That's me! Didn't think I was dead like Steelbeak, now did ya?" He laughed and stood up on Steelbeak's malicious shoulder. "Anyway, what are you doing in Albuquerque, New Mexico? Steelbeak and I originally were heading north, but decided to turn around and... sight see."

While this shit show was going down, Ellie had shut down again and was paying no mind to whatever was going down.

"Okay cool." Mark closed the door without a second thought and flopped back on the bed.

Steelbeak and Kyle both had dumbfounded looks on their faces. Kyle's smirk turned into a glare. "Break it down."

Steelbeak cracked his knuckles and started to bang his fists into the door. He was breaking in similar to that of The Shining.

Ellie jolted awake once again and actually sat up this time in a very confused state before looking over to the door that was beginning to crack. "What is going on?!" She paused and glared at Mark. "Did you not pay for the room service?!"

Mark couldn't even respond before Steelbeak and Kyle entered the room through the now broken door.

"Heeeeeeeeereeeee's Kyle!"

"Annnnnnnnnddddd Steelbeak!"

"Goddamnit, Steelbeak, you ruined the reference!"

"Oh, my bad."

Kyle sighed in annoyance before turning his attention back to Ellie and Mark. "Ah, mom and dad. So good to see you two again after all these years. Did you miss me?"

Steelbeak kept a cold, evil glare at Ellie.

It took Ellie a moment to process everything considering she was still powering on but it finally clicked. She may have not had any of her memories but Steelbeak and Kyle had accidentally given her enough information to know her relationship with the two of them. Roughly. Kyle never mentioned viewing Mark as a father figure.

It was tempting to resort to breaking the mirror, for some reason, and slice a bitch but she suddenly remembered the request Boyd had made. He had said they were murderers and requested them to not kill people. If they couldn't do that, they were pretty much fucked. It didn't seem her or Mark could simply sneak past Steelbeak without deadly violence.

She resorted to cowering behind a twink Mark. If you ever have to rely on Mark Beaks for protection your life has definitely hit a low.

"Sooo... what's up you guys?! Not gonna say anything?" Okay, now Kyle was just being a bitch.