Chapter 28: Tiger Balloon

Kyle, Steelbeak, and Lucy were in MILF Denny's because Steelbeak was very adamant about going there for breakfast. And obviously Kyle was on board.

That morning, Kyle had stolen the flash drive from Wyatt while he was still asleep and they quickly yeeted to go get breakfast. Then they would... do whatever until six p.m. came around. The time they would meet Mark Beaks at the zoo.

At the moment, Lucy was in the bathroom putting her flashdrive back in, since she needed privacy, while Kyle and Steelbeak sat at the table. Kyle was eating like a normal person and Steelbeak was playing with his food. It looked like he was making the sausages fight over the eggs. Maybe the eggs were a 'woman' the sausage men were fighting to death for her?

"Steelbeak, what the fuck are you doing?"

Steelbeak took a bite of his food before answering. "Eating? Why?"

"No- before that."

He looked down at his plate. "I have no idea..."

Kyle sipped his coffee and avoided eye contact. Steelbeak was such an enigma to him.

Steelbeak took another bite of his food. "I can't wait to go to the zoo though! Our lord and savior Duck Jesus blessed us with this fine day and I'm glad that we are using it to its fullest potential."

"Steelbeak... what in the fuck's name are you talking about?"

Lucy, or rather, Ellie approached the table. Kyle could already tell it was Ellie based on her facial expression. Lucy remained neutral and somewhat friendly, but Ellie was either neutral or pissed... and she looked pissed.

"Steelbeak. Kyle..." That was her greeting as she sat down.

"Uhhhh... Ellie? You're Ellie again, right?" Steelbeak pointed at her with his fork while she sat herself down at the table.

She didn't answer that. "Let me get this straight. You wanted me dead... but then Wyatt slapped me and you felt bad, so you decided to play the hero out of nowhere. Not to mention you betrayed him, when you were the one to invite him into your group in the first place, because his scrawny self 'scared' you?" Ellie was talking to Kyle specifically.

Steelbeak didn't say anything. He was hoping Kyle could answer for the both of them while he went back to playing with his food.

"Yes, mother. All of that is correct. I mean, we had other reasons to leave Wyatt but him slapping you was definitely the tipping point. Are you- Are you mad at us or something? I mean, you have every right to be but... we kinda did just save your life back there and got you your memories back." Kyle knew it wasn't right to sass talk your mom but whatever.

"And that is supposed to redeem yourselves after kidnapping Mark, Boyd, and I? You threatened my life and buried me alive. Not to mention I blame you both for pushing Wyatt to where he is now. I know he was unstable before but you both certainly did not help." Ellie leaned forward. "I appreciate your assistance but it does not excuse your past actions. 'Lucy' may have said she was willing to repair the relationship with you Kyle, but the real me is not so sure."

Ellie was right about everything and Kyle was at a loss for words. Especially that last part about her not wanting to patch things up with him. He had hoped that Lucy's opinion on the subject would be the same as soon as Ellie got her memories back. Guess he was wrong. He coughed into his hand awkwardly.

Steelbeak broke the silence. "Pretty heavy stuff going on right now, huh?"

They both ignored him. Kyle sighed "Yeah I guess us patching things up was kind of a long shot... Whatever. As long as Mark is happy, then I'll be happy."