Chapter 38: Bad Ending

A few days had passed since the previous events. Miss Glamour was 'kind' enough to take everyone in to mentally recover. She actually only let everyone stay because Gloria was there.

They were gathered in the overly decorated dining hall once again, eating dinner. Well, everyone was too upset to eat so the dinner consisted of everyone picking at their food. Except Miss Glamour and Mark because the Beaks family consists of assholes.

To make things worse, everyone was avoiding eye contact. Except Miss Glamour who was just staring at everyone, studying them, and drinking her tea. Speaking of tea, she had heard a little bit about what had happened to all of them throughout the past few days. No one was willing to speak for very long so Miss Glamour had to get most of her news from Mark, much to her dismay. Even after traumatic experiences, Mark Beaks still loved to talk. Shocker.

The table consisted of Miss Glamour, Mark, Ellie, Gloria, Boyd, Abigail, and Kyle. Graves was still there too but he was currently in the kitchen making british biscuits.

Abigail eventually stood up. "I'm going back to my room."

"Abigail-"

She stormed out without another word.

Ellie sighed. "I'll bring her more food later on..."

It wasn't really a surprise. Most of them had spent most of the day in bed. Even Kyle. He wasn't handling the news of Steelbeak's passing very well. Apparently he wasn't able to make it out before the explosion. Mara had checked.

Kyle, who was sitting on the other side of Ellie, awkwardly cleared his throat to get her attention. His voice was low. He didn't want the whole table to listen to their conversation, but with everyone being so quiet, it was hard to do that. "Hey, mother?...I know Mara had already told me... about Steelbeak. Um... do you- do you remember or know anything about his death? She didn't go into detail and I want to know... what happened to him before...."

Ellie looked Kyle dead in the eyes. "I left him there to die." Her response was quick, brutal, and showed no mercy.

It felt like the room had fallen into a deeper silence.

Kyle's heart sank. "You- You did what? How could you?" His voice was still very soft spoken.

"I did not see his life worth saving after everything he had done. The only reason I have not squished you by now is because you saved Boyd." The way her voice remained so flat made Kyle shiver. "You may be a part of this family now, Kyle, but you and Steelbeak are the reason why Wyatt had turned evil. And you are the reason he died. I will not forget that. So Steelbeak paid the price. And I suppose you are too with your grievance."

"I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!" Kyle hopped up on the table and got right in her face. "You left him to die?! After everything he and I did to help you?!" He had started crying. "Wyatt didn't become evil because of us! IT WAS YOU! You're the reason Wyatt turned and you're the reason why he and Steelbeak are dead! You're a monster! You are nothing more than a mindless, heartless, machine! I hate you!"

Ellie grabbed Mark's fork, that he was still using, and brought it down on Kyle.

Boyd flinched in his seat but Kyle had thankfully dodged the blow by a hair.

When Kyle made eye contact with Ellie, the expression she wore was terrifying. He had never seen her look so angry and full of hatred before.

"FUCK YOU!" She spat.

"NO! FUCK YOU! AND TO THINK THAT I CALLED YOU MY MOTHER! YOU DISGUST ME! YOU LET A MAN DIE IN THE MOST BRUTAL WAY POSSIBLE! A MAN WHO CHANGED HIS LIFE AROUND AND HELPED YOU ESCAPE FROM WYATT! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT!"