Chapter 17: The Betrayal

Steelbeak finally pulled the van into the tire-drawn driveway to the old rickety shack which was supposed to be a house.

Ellie had managed to keep Steelbeak on a 'date' with her for twenty-four hours. Yep. That long. And Kyle had to tag along for the entire thing. They ended up getting a hotel room much to Ellie's horror but Steelbeak wanted to watch Disney princess movies the entire time which was just as terrible as what Ellie thought was going to go down. She tried to convince him to watch Autumn de Wilde's take on Emma but noooooo, he wanted to watch Tangled like a fucking idiot.

Kyle was just as upset and threw a cockroach tantrum in the corner before eventually falling asleep in the air vent. A maid thought he was some- some BUG and he almost got killed!

"Okay, Steelbeak, can we please go back to being villains now?!"

"...I told you to call me dad."

Kyle unbuckled his seatbelt and hopped out of his toddler car seat. "Shut the fuck up! She's not dating you! It was some stupid trick to keep her away from her family! I'm done repeating myself!"

Steelbeak gasped and turned around to look at Ellie. "NANI?! Is that true, babes?"

She didn't say anything.

"Awww man! That's, like, so low! I hate you! GOD!" He quickly did the sign of the cross so the lord could forgive him for using his name in vain. "Anyway, yeah, let's go Kyle. We should go back to killing and torture."

Kyle sighed in relief before hopping out the window that was left slightly ajar, due to the broken air conditioning.

Ellie remained silent, knowing protesting wouldn't do any good. It only took getting kidnapped four times, or somewhere around there, for her to figure that out. Hopefully twenty-four hours gave Mark, Wyatt, and Boyd enough time to figure something out.

While the van door was still open, Steelbeak peaked his head back in to say one last thing to Ellie. "Ya know, you're a real bitch. I thought we actually had something." He slammed the door before heading into the old home with Kyle who had crawled onto his shoulder. He wasted no time in busting open the door. "Alright, the bad guys are back so let's get crazy!"

Mark and Wyatt were playing tic tac toe and jumped out of their skin from the sudden intrusion. You think they would have heard the car pull up but they were just that into the game, despite not being a fan of one another.

Kyle scanned the room and gasped. "Where the FUCK is the kid?!"

Mark thought it would be best to play dumb. "... what kid?"

For a split second, Steelbeak was actually convinced that there was never a kid to begin with. He caught on and punched the wall. That wasn't a smart move because a piece of the roof immediately fell down, almost hitting them. Everyone started to cough from all of the dust and sand that was picked up in the room before Steelbeak quickly recovered from his idiocy. "THE KID THAT'S BEEN WITH YOU THIS WHOLE TIME! WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?!"

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that kid!... no idea."

Steelbeak stepped over the fallen piece of wood and grabbed Mark by his collar. He messed up the game of tic tac toe in doing so. That bastard. "TELL ME WHERE HE IS!"

Mark simply shrugged.

Steelbeak threw his skinny body across the room.

Mark screamed "DUDE NOT COOL! NOW I'M ALL SANDY #EWWWWW!"

Steelbeak ignored Mark and turned his attention towards Wyatt, cracking his knuckles. "Are you gonna be smarter than your friend over there and actually tell me where the little brat is?"