Chapter 6: Rule 3

Mr. B hadn't told Boyd why they were going to Waddle, but the answer was simple. He wanted to mess with both him and Ellie. Not only would it get Boyd upset, but it would drive Ellie insane when he gave her her memories back. She would have been so close to Boyd and wasn't able to do anything about it.

He didn't have any specific reason to mess with Boyd. It was just amusing to see him upset.

He quickly glanced over to him. He was sitting in the front passenger seat, staring out the window.

"Nice day outside, huh?" Mr. B said. "You haven't seen the sun in awhile."

Boyd nodded with a smile on his face. "Yeah! I almost forgot how much I loved sightseeing around Duckburg!" There would be people walking down the sidewalk while the car passed by them and Boyd wouldn't hesitate waving to them. They never waved back but he didn't mind.

"You'll be spending a few days at Waddle. There's a lot of windows there." Mr. B's hands gripped on the wheel tighter. Boyd's smile wouldn't last much longer and it was going to be fantastic. "Don't worry. Mark isn't in charge of Waddle anymore. It's in my possession."

Boyd gave a confused look to Mr. B "So why am I going there exactly? Is it like a sleepover?"

"Exactly. There's someone I'd like you to meet there. Someone who I think would be a great mother figure to you." That was followed by a smirk. "But you two won't be allowed to leave Waddle. Remember that. Guards are posted so don't go getting any funny ideas."

Boyd nodded again but he was still confused. "Who's my new mother going to be and how come we aren't allowed to leave? I don't understand, dad." That hurt Boyd. He was finally able to leave his house only to be locked away again.

Mr. B scowled at boy like that question was idiotic. "Because the 'Glomsquad' will be looking for you. Can't have that, now can we?" He didn't bother answering his other question and Boyd didn't retaliate.

The rest of the car ride was quiet. Boyd had asked to turn on the radio a few times only to be denied.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wyatt had carried his intern paperwork upstairs where Ellie had been staying so they could work together. She took Mark's old desk while Wyatt sat on the ground with paperwork surrounding him. It was really bad for his back but he wasn't going to complain.

"Thank you again for helping me with my paperwork, Lucy! I'm not gonna lie, this job was pretty stressful after Mr. Beaks left so thank you for reminding me how much I enjoy this internship! At this rate, we'll be done by three!" Wyatt smiled at Ellie. She didn't notice though. She was too busy writing things down on the sheets of paper she was given.

"I do not understand why you would 'love' this job. There are many interns here. The other employees are simply giving you all meaningless busy work. Your existence here is incoherent." She stated bluntly. "You are not going to be hired after this. I noticed you lack in skill compared to your assistant coworkers. I, however, do not. My work here may be meaningless now but at this rate I will be promoted in no time whatsoever. Which, as I stated earlier, cannot be said for you."

Wyatt stared at his paperwork while she spoke before he cleared his throat. "Oh uhhh... y-yeah I guess I'm not the best intern on the team, I'd admit... I-I guess I'll just have to work extra hard to prove myself!"

"You have 'fun' with that." After a few minutes she stopped and looked at him. She was already ⅔ the way done with the paperwork while he had only completed one sheet. "Since I am stuck with you for some reason, why do you not tell me about yourself?"