Chapter 12

"You... want to join my wing fight?"

Jungkook nods as he stares into the eyes of a man double his size. He has a large, disgusting beard and tattoos all over his skin. He must be at least 45 or above and his breath smells like a fucking dumpster. Jungkook keeps it together and tries to look intimidating. 

Suddenly, a deep laughter rumbles through the man and he's joined by some other people around the large field made for the battles. Jungkook looks around in annoyance but he holds himself back from freaking out. He got a stronger angel than these people, they just aren't aware of that yet and he needs to use that to his advantage. 

"I will like to join all the fights," he repeats. Some of the other participants comes up next to the tattooed guy. Most of them are looking at him mockingly and Jungkook thinks he even sees a look of pity on one of their faces. 

"Listen kid, this is for strong angels only, we don't fight grey angels," he says. Their angels aren't there either, but from the information Jungkook remembers they don't have anything higher than white-winged angels. And after the fight with Minseok, victory is almost certain. 

"I have higher ranked," he says. It's actually a bit of a tradition that you don't spoil what rank of angel you have. It's a way to confuse the opponent and in the end it just became a norm that it's kept a secret in fighting areas. All angels stay away until they are summoned and the fight can begin. At first, Jungkook hated this rule because it's clearly a disadvantage for people with weak angels. They don't know what they might get their angels into and they end up losing.

However, the tables have been completely turned now that Jungkook is on top. And oh, how he can't wait to beat the shit out of these pricks.

"Oh really? Listen, if it's money you are after, I can offer them to you for something... a little different," a rather tall guy with a nose ring and bleached hair says with a smirk. It's not the first time Jungkook has gotten such an offer and he has accepted them before in extreme cases where he was so close to dying that even 1 won could save him. 

However, it isn't going to be like that today. The man reaches out and wraps his around Jungkook's waist, but the younger his fast to escape his grip and step away. 

"I bet I can beat you all and I already payed the entrance fee," he hisses and dusts off his shirt as if he has gotten infected from the man's touch. The guys laugh again and shake their head at him. It's only normal they would act like that since they haven't seen him before. Often, people know each other inside the whole wing fight community, so they probably think he's just some desperate kid who's looking for some excitement in their life.

Jungkook has never heard of any black-winged participants in their city though, so these men are about to get themselves a big surprise.  

"Fine, you can go against me first and the other's afterwards. What's your name, pretty one?" one of them asks. He has uneven teeth, an ugly beard and he smells terribly. Jungkook almost gags as he steps closer to take the man's hand in a handshake. The guy giggles and presses extra hard which makes Jungkook grimace for a second. 

"Jeon Jungkook."

"Well then, lets have a good fight, princess."

Another squeeze is forced around Jungkook's hand. He ignores the pain as he follows them to a more open space, seeing some people standing around a marked territory. Some judges are there too and they immediately give Jungkook a skeptical look before whispering to each other. They are probably discussing how to stop the fight quickly in case Jungkook's angel can't fight. 

The younger feels the excitement grow in his chest. This is like being poor at school but then suddenly turning up one day as a millionaire. Only then people will care. They will fear you because suddenly you have outpowered them. People with a good heart always say that it's more than just the money which is bullshit in this decade of the world. No one cares, it's just about money and Jungkook is planning on winning a lot of it.