Chapter 30

"Mine is... a little different. I didn't exactly want to die, but I wasn't running from anything dangerous or life-threatening as Namjoon was either. However, it was of course not without reason," Yoongi states and gently clears his throat a little.

"I died in a car crash... well, more like an intended car crash. I had gotten drunk one day, very drunk and at one point decided that everything became to much for me. I died by going a hundred miles and had a frontal collision with a brick wall," Yoongi says. Jin and Hoseok look at each other and the eldest gently puts a hand over his mouth in shock.

100 miles per hour into a wall? Jin can't even imagine how that would have looked afterwards. Probably one of the most severe crashes you would ever see.

"I died on the spot," the angel says and sighs, "it all started with in my twenties. I had a beautiful girlfriend who was closer to me than anyone. So smart, so independent and much more of a leader than anyone else in her life. So much that even I got blinded from her true sides."

Yoongi looks at the table while using a finger to scratch the surface.

"I got her pregnant back when we were only 22. We got a beautiful little son who I love more than God themselves. However, the family life was not what my girlfriend wanted and... in the end, I wasn't either," he says, "she wanted to get rid of our son. She didn't care how, she just wanted him gone. When I refused, she decided I wasn't good enough for her either."

Hoseok feels his heart tug at those words. He has a feeling where this is going and he doesn't like it at all. The pain is clearly displayed all over Yoongi's face, but still, he continues with the story.

"She found a new man and fell in love once again. I was hurting, but in the company of my son, I could manage. I fell in love with my past girlfriend for various reasons, but never in my short life did I believe she could come to hate me so much that she would take my only happiness away from me," he says in a low voice, "but she wanted to hurt me... I'm still not exactly sure why. She took my son, my very last life line. In the end, I was filled with too much sorrow to go on with life. I became an absolute wreck until the day I decided to put an end to it all."

He takes a soft breath and gulps.

"Deep down, I don't think I actually wanted to die. I wanted to see my son grow up, even if it was from afar. I took away his chance of ever seeing his real father and to this day, I still regret it. But that's life. We make bad decision, unfortunately some of us are too stupid to realize in time."

Jin gulps and Hoseok feels his throat get dry. So many people think suicide is their escape rute, only to realize it's a ticket straight to hell. Or actually, worse than hell. To Styx.

"I-I can't believe we didn't know about this- no one does..." Jin says and runs his hands through his hair in a stressed manner. Then he looks over at Jimin with something close to a glare, "then how did you die?"

Jimin throws his head back and laughs, making Yoongi roll his eyes and Namjoon just tiredly stare at him. What a mood-breaker.

"Here it goes..." Namjoon says.

"I, my beautiful little earthling, sacrificed myself for the shake of someone else," Jimin says, "unfortunately, I died while doing so. However, it was such an heroic act that not even God could withstand my charms ~ therefore, I'm a golden angel."

Jimin wiggles his eyebrows, clearly trying to change the mood with his plat self confidence that no one in here really cares about, but he still succeeds in making Hoseok snort at his ridicules tone and Yoongi shake his head with a small smile. Hidden in all the deep talk of suicide and death, it was just what they needed.

"What did you do, save them from your terrible looking self? They must have been honored."

"Fuck you, I'm beautiful," Jimin snaps and Hoseok bursts out in laughter. "I actually took a bullet for a child when I was a police officer. I died from the injuries though."

"Aren't you too small to be accepted into the police academia?" Jin deadpans and Jimin jumps on him. No one, as in no one disses Jimin for his height and gets away unharmed.

"Don't tempt me, rich boy," he says, but with a clearly sarcastic undertone. He hooks an arm around Jin's shoulders and ruffles his hair with his free hand.

Hoseok, who was a little distracted by whatever those two were doing, turns to Namjoon and Yoongi again.

"Then... what about Taehyung?" he asks.

It's not like it's a more sensitive topic than their own back stories, but it still sends a shiver through the angels. Taehyung has been an angel for a long time and he has been absolutely traumatized from what happened to him. He left behind his sister, he left behind his life and everything else because he got scared of ending behind bars. Does he regret it? More than anything.

Yoongi is the one to explain the story and even Jimin and Jin stops what they are doing to listen. Like with the other tellings, they are shocked and feel a certain pain in their chests from what happened to all of these angels. What they did in their life to deserve this and how they got so strong.

"I think my worst challenge was to shot my own child," Yoongi explains. Of course, he didn't have to do that in real life, he had to do it in the purgery. Those challenges puts you through your worst fears and other terrible scenarios. You have to respond differently depending on the situation. For example, one time Yoongi had to shoot his son or an entire group of kids would die instead.

Challenges like those are what black-winged angels have to go through again and again and again. No wonder they are traumatized, but also skilled. Experience can take you a long way, even if it's not always good experience.

"The only way we were able to make it this far was the hope we got from you," Namjoon points at Hoseok and Jin, "even if it took generations before you were even born, we could feel you. Your worst pain and your brightest happiness. We could even feel them so deeply we knew what was going on in your life. But of course, there's still a lot of things we don't know... things you guys have been able to suppress so much that not even we could figure out what was going on with you."

Jin gulps, knowing that he's probably one of the biggest examples of such things.

"But Taehyung went through all of that way longer than we did. He died in 1997, september first. He has been the longest in the purgatory of all black-winged angels ever known. Everyone who died around his year as well ended up in Styx because they just couldn't wait for their human anymore, or they got back to earth before Taehyung did," Namjoon adds.

"Whatever connection that has been between him and Jungkook has been so unbelievably strong, as if they were meant to be together no matter what. So honestly, it's not that much of a surprise that in the end, Taehyung fell in love," Yoongi states. They all knew it would be dangerous to fall in love with someone you have never met. But the burning feeling in Taehyung's chest was too hard for him to deny. He fell hard.

"I honestly can't believe all of this. We have been so... ignorant all this time," Jin mumbles.

Namjoon shakes his head and gently places a hand against Jin's back, rubbing it slightly. He's thrilled to see that the male let's him do so, probably enjoying the small bit of comfort.

"It's okay. A lot of stuff has happened, it must have been difficult figuring out how to act," he says. "We can talk about this later, we should go home. It has been a long day."

"What about Taehyung and Jungkook?" Hoseok asks.

"I think Taehyung told Jungkook everything. He will understand and calm down," Namjoon replies, because he sincerely believes so. It takes a lot for Taehyung to talk about his past, so he doesn't even doubt Jungkook will be understanding. Everyone would be.

"Right... let's go home."