Chapter 16

"Hoseok, sit down for a second," Yoongi's voice emerges and startles the said boy who was filling up a glass of water. Hoseok frowns at him but slowly nods anyway. He can feel that the angel is uneasy and he has been that way all morning. Maybe he finally decided to talk about whatever is bothering him. 

Indeed, Yoongi has had a lot on his mind doing this morning and also last night. He can still feel shivers in his body from watching Hoseok so strangely drawing a picture of his neighbor. Like, what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

"What's the matter?" the younger asks as he sits down on a chair and places the glass on the table. Yoongi sits down as well, "well, I think that's supposed to be my question."

"You're speaking in riddles," Hoseok deadpans and drinks a little. At first, he thought Yoongi was angry with him or something, but he has done literally nothing but exist, so that would be strange. Yoongi looks at him for a little while... Hoseok must have been sleep walking then, he's way too chill for him to have been awake. 

"You don't remember?" he questions and Hoseok lifts an eyebrow.

"Remember what?"

"Well, you woke up last night," Yoongi begins and he believes he spots a flash of realization in Hoseok's eyes, but is gone too quickly for him to ask about it. "I followed you and you did some pretty... weird stuff to be honest."

Hoseok frowns and puts the glass away. Oh no, did he dream about something again?

"What did I do?"

"You drew... Jungkook? It's pretty freaky dude," Yoongi replies and Hoseok forms his mouth in an 'O' shape, clearly surprised but not shocked. He holds a hand on his chin and points his eyes, clearly trying to remember if he really did do something. 

"Where did I put it then?" Hoseok asks as he looks around himself.

"I don't know, it was gone when I woke up," Yoongi states with a shrug of his shoulders. Hoseok did wake up earlier than he did, so he must have removed it somehow. Silence falls over them as Hoseok thinks carefully about where he put the drawings. Why isn't he freaking out more? If he moved them, he must have seen what he drew. It should show a few red flags in his mind, but apparently that's not the case.

Hoseok stands up and starts looking through the different cabinets and drawers that are around the apartment and each time he gets surprised by some of the stuff in them. Yoongi is so weirded out at this point, Hoseok is seriously so weird... he doesn't even know where the stuff in his own apartment is?

"Ah, I think I found it," Hoseok says, but it comes out more as a whisper. Yoongi can't see what's in the drawer the elder has pulled out, so he stands up to walk over there. Meanwhile, his eyes lingers over the boy and sees how his brain is probably working on full power. Whatever is in this drawer surprised him too.

With curious and quick steps, Yoongi walks over beside him. He looks down and his eyes immediately grows big. He drops his chin and opens his mouth in shock from the sight that meets him. Hundreds- no. Thousands of drawings are lying in a complete mess, filling up the drawer to it's very brim.

All of them are of Jungkook in the most abstract lines, dark areas are surrounding him and for each picture... he gets weirder and weirder. 

"What the fuck is this!?" Yoongi asks. He's honestly freaked out. There's something inside Hoseok's head that none of them knows of and it might be the biggest fucking lead they have.

"Um..."

"You drew all of these?" Yoongi asks and looks the the younger with stern eyes. Hoseok just scratches his neck as he pouts his lips a little randomly. Then he shrugs his shoulders and looks at Yoongi just as confused.

"I don't remember."

Then it clicks for Yoongi. Hoseok doesn't remember! How did he not realize this before? There's clearly something wrong with the male's memory, he forgets everything all the fucking time. This is like locking a block around their leg and expect them to run a marathon. How are they supposed to figure out what this means when Hoseok can't even remember his own name sometimes? Fuck.

"This is-" Yoongi drags his hands through his hair, "we need to tell the others, right now."

Hoseok frowns as Yoongi rushes out the door to fetch the guys next door. Meanwhile, the younger boy looks back at the drawings. As always, his memory slowly comes back when he looks at things he's familiar with. It's like nostalgia for him and it makes his memories stream through his head like a movie.

He dreamt about Jungkook again? He completely forgot about that, it has been a while since he last did it. Fuck, this is pretty critical information isn't it? He hopes the guys won't be mad with him, it's just because...

Wait, where did Yoongi go again?

______________

"That's so fucking creepy," Jungkook says as he stares at the drawings, keeping a good distance to them as if they are going to come alive and cover him until he gets suffocated. He has always thought Hoseok's obsession with being his friend was weird, but maybe it actually makes a little sense now. 

He hesitently looks at the boy, but he seems just as confused about this as the rest of them.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Taehyung asks and puts Jungkook behind him. His protective side is on alert and Jungkook can't help but like it just a little bit. Maybe the safety he feels in his chest from Taehyung's possesive nature is what causes him to like it. But only a little.

Very little.

"He doesn't remember," Yoongi answers as Hoseok clearly doesn't know what to say.

"What the hell do you mean he doesn't remember?"

"Didn't you notice all the times he forgot something? The clock, the fruit? Even your name? Something's up with his brain or else..." Yoongi starts, "someone is making sure he doesn't remember."

Jungkook frowns and Taehyung just tilts his head a little. He has heard about demons and what not messing with humans, but often it takes a lot of power to make it this severe. The guardian angel would be able to feel it and protect their humans, but Yoongi can't feel a single thing.

"We need to speak with Namjoon about this," Taehyung says.

"Wait, we have school, remember?" Jungkook says.

"Oh shot! I have a test today," Hoseok says.

"How come is it that you remember a school test but don't remember drawing Jungkook in literal hell?" Taehyung deadpans.

"It's called trauma."

"Just... we'll catch up with Namjoon afterwards. And like Jimin said, if we wait long enough the people looking for Jungkook will start taking action. We can't do anything right now anyways," Yoongi says.

Taehyung just sighs at that. He honestly just wants this to be over so he can be certain Jungkook is safe. Not to mention he always hated school, so having to follow Jungkook around in there the entire time kind of sucks.

"Let's go then..."

_________

Sorry, a small filler chap 💜