Chapter 31

Jungkook feels himself snuggling into the angel's warm chest. The hand softly running through his brown locks makes him shiver, but he doesn't mind.

After Taehyung had spilled his heart out to Jungkook, they were so emotionally upset that they didn't have the energy to go back to the library. They ended up heading back to the apartment instead.

They have been lying in each others arms ever since. Jungkook was shocked to hear all the things about Taehyung's past and he now realizes he has been kind of an asshole. Not only to Taehyung, but to everyone else as well. He has had his reasons for being negative his entire life but... maybe it's time to look past that. You only get the happiness you let yourself have, even if it seems like you don't deserve it.

Hell, Jungkook isn't even sure he truly knows what it means.

Jungkook has always been mad when people told him, 'but you're still here' or 'you're still fighting'. But they said it in such a weird way that Jungkook at one point didn't even think surviving was a possibility in the end. Because he wasn't living, he was just... alive.

"I'm sorry," he mumbles gently against Taehyung's chest. It doesn't even take a second before he feels the other softly chuckle and kiss the top of his head.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. And you know that," Taehyung says. Jungkook bites his lip, but he doesn't say anything to deny it.

He gets lost in his own thoughts when he feels Taehyung gently lower himself so they make eye contact. The angel hesitently lifts a hand and pushes a little bit of Jungkook's hair away.

He leans forward and ever so gently pushes their lips together. It's innocent and it doesn't take long because Taehyung pulls back, he doesn't want to be pushy in any way.

"You're so beautiful," he mumbles.

"You look like a baked bean," Jungkook replies.

Okay, Jungkook isn't exactly sure where that came from. One thing he does know is that he isn't good with all the cheesy, lovely-dovely stuff and he also now realizes his mind totally auto-responded to that. He literally called the most handsome man on earth for a baked bean.

Immediately, Taehyung bursts into laughter and Jungkook feels his cheeks tint with embarassment.

"W-What was that?" Taehyung gets choked out. Jungkook gently hits him in the chest annoyed.

"I'm not used to stuff like this, give me a break!" he whisper-shouts and wacks Taehyung's chest again. The elder just laughs and uses a while to calm down. Jungkook is so incredibly cute.

"Okay okay, I'll stop," he says and wraps his arms around Jungkook, pulling him closer, "let's get some sleep."

Jungkook hums against the other's shirt and closes his eyes. For some reason, it's very easy for him to fall asleep today. Maybe it's because he actually feels safe for once. Being left by your parents, your foster parents and everyone else makes it extremely hard to but faith in others and feel safe.

But this time, Jungkook wants to stay here and never let go.

________

The morning sun surely is bright on such a calm day, but also really annoying when its hitting you straight in the face. Jungkook groans and turns slightly, trying to avoid the said light. He doesn't get very far before he hits a familiar chest.

"Did you sleep well?" Taehyung is looking down at him, his cheek resting against the palm of his hand. It looks like he has been sitting like that for hours... well, considering the fact that he actually don't really need sleep, it might be true.

"Not with you staring at me like that," Jungkook huffs and sits up. He gently rubs his eyes and yawns, already knowing now that he slept a little too well. Not that he would ever admit that to Taehyung though.

They get up and starts getting ready for the day, they will only shortly be going to school and then to the library afterwards. Yoongi agreed to this as well, Hoseok needs to go to school too or people will get suspicious if two students just suddenly stop showing up.

The whole situation from yesterday is still on on their minds, but they decide to push it away for now. Jungkook still has a lot he wants to ask, but he decides not to. He just... feels terrible every time he thinks about it.

"Let's get going," Taehyung smiles and gently pats Jungkook on the head. Surely, the younger boy has opened up more but that doesn't stop him from slapping Taehyung's had away as if it was burning him.

The angel just keeps smiling and heads outside. He, for once, has a lot to smile about. He feels like he's finally getting closer with Jungkook - not only seeing him open up but also himself. He has surpressed his emotions for his lost family and the way he died for a very long time, so getting it off his shoulders has definitely been a relief. Sure, there's still things that he won't ever get over, but seeing that Jungkook was so understanding really gave him a feeling of joy.

He wasn't judged... and that's rare in this world.

They don't talk much as they walk along the city roads to head for school. Let's just say Jungkook hasn't missed school at all, but he has missed this feeling of normality. After getting to know about his immortality, the term 'normal' has barely been through his mind once.

But a change once in a while is good, right?

When they get there, people are mingling along the entrance and the lockers as usual. Glances are thrown as soon as Taehyung walks inside, even if his wings are subtracted at the moment. That doesn't stop him from being overly handsome though.

"Jungkook, Taehyung! Over here," a voice emerges and they quickly spot Hoseok by his locker, waving at them. Yoongi is standing beside him, a calm expression on his face.

He doesn't seem mad, that's good at least...

Jungkook's aware he said some pretty nasty stuff back then. He hasn't had the chance to apologize to any of the guys yet, but he hopes to do so later at the library. Especially Jin... that went a little overboard.

"Took you long enough," Yoongi smirks and gently fistbumps Taehyung who just rolls his eyes.

"You guys really think it's a good idea to go back to school?" he then asks.

"I mean, two students who both got black-winged angels out of nowhere and then just disappear? Seems awfully suspicious to me," Yoongi replies with a small shrug.

"But who would get suspicious?" Jungkook asks.

Yoongi stretches his body a little as he turns around, starting to walk towards Hoseok's next class. "We must not underestimate Diabolos at any moment, he's stronger than you might think and you will never know what is going on in his mind. Whatever he needs you for is important and I don't think he's stopping any time soon."

Yoongi halts and looks ahead, staring at nothing, "for a monster like him, there's no limit to what dirty tricks he might use to get his hands on you."

Jungkook goes silent and Taehyung just nods. The risk of someone going for him is always there.

Without more talking, their school day begins. Nothing out of the unusual gets to them.

At least... that's what they thought.