Chapter 24

Sorry if there are mistakes in this chapter 😭 I'm having a terrible headache 😑
___________

Jungkook sits silently on the edge of his bed, looking down at his hands that won't stop shaking. They seem more pale than they usually are and they are so cold Jungkook feels like they will fall off at some point.

Immortal? It sounds like the joke of the century. But he is immortal... Yoongi broke his neck and Jungkook doesn't feel a thing anymore. He doesn't feel any pain, there isn't any physical signs that he was literally dead half an hour ago.

It's all heavy on his mind and his heart. Imagine believing something your entire life just for someone to say you have been wrong all along. Jungkook can imagine that the first people who got to know about the angels felt the same way as he does right now.

Confused. In disbelief... angry.

"Here," Taehyung voice emerges as he walks over to Jungkook with a cold glass of milk. He bought the one with banana taste because he knows it's Jungkook's favorite. Everything he can do to lighten the younger's mood, he will do. Almost.

"Thanks," Jungkook whispers and grabs the glass with his shaking hands. He's grateful that Taehyung keeps a hand underneath it to make sure it won't slip from the brunette's fingers.

He drinks it and loves the taste that fills his mouth. It's so familiar and normal, just a glass of milk. He holds tighter around the glass and feels his eyes sting with tears as he squeeze them shut and gulps all the liquid down.

Taehyung places his free hand against the side of Jungkook's head and makes him stop drinking or else he might choke himself at some point. The younger let's out a gasp but let's Taehyung take the cup and put it on the table.

"You're okay," he repeats and cups Jungkook's face. The younger nods, but it doesn't seem convincing at all. He doesn't feel okay in the slightest.

They look into each others eyes and Jungkook is satisfied with the feeling of safety that settles in him when Taehyung looks at him. He really is his guardian angel, protecting him and making him feel better.

Jungkook closes his eyes when Taehyung leans in a places a gentle kiss on the boy's forehead. Then on the nose. The cheeks and lastly on his eyelid.

Jungkook sighs, "I don't understand... I have been beaten up several times in my life and I- I felt the pain, I saw the blood and it healed like it normally would... so why-"

He's getting worked up again so Taehyung shushes him when he pulls back and presses their foreheads together.

"You just haven't realized until now. It will still hurt, but it can't kill you. What you see as normal speed of healing isn't the same for others, you just haven't been aware of that," Taehyung's says, "you have an amazing power Jungkook. But... also one that can be abused if it ends in the wrong hands."

Jungkook gulps and is forced to look up when Taehyung pulls back again and grabs under his chin, lifting up his face.

"I said it before and I will say it again. You are not a bad person Jungkook, you are strong. You won't be taken over, okay? I will protect you," he continues.

Jungkook sniffs a little and nods. He guesses he can't escape it so he doesn't have any other option than to fight it. He doesn't know if he can do it, but he will try.

"Okay."

________

Namjoon and Jin sit by one of the walls, on the floor, in the library with a small flashlight Jin brought with him since there isn't any electricity here anymore.