Chapter 20

Jungkook sniffs gently as he plays a little with Taehyung's black shirt that he just changed into, fiddling a little with the material to distract himself.

They came home about an hour ago and decided to go to bed. Jungkook didn't want to think about the whole ordeal with Diabolos or whatever, so he's glad Taehyung didn't press him any further. He said that they could just go home.

Since then, he has been securely locked in his angel's embrace. He would never admit the fact that he actually feels comfortable in the other's arms, but he really does. He has never had anyone hold him close like this before... lying with him and just gently stroking his hair.

It's comfortable just as well as it's frightening.

Jungkook feels like he has been emotionally tested today. The words that spilled out of Taehyung is almost making him nauseous and the kiss seems like a blur in the back of his head. It's like everything that should be giving him happiness and joy disappears from his mind every time he gets a taste of it. 

After years and years of pushing these emotions away and trying to hide that fact that his heart is way better than his mind, he has almost gotten immune to the feeling of love, of kindness and of joy. 

Therefore, it makes him sick to his stomach to be lying here in Taehyung embrace. What confuses his the most though is the fact that he isn't pushing him away. He isn't escaping the angel's gently touches on his hair, his cheeks and his neck. He isn't giving the other a slap on the head and ignoring him as he would have when he first met Taehyung.

It's scary.

"I'm sorry," a small mumble escapes Taehyung's lips and he hugs the other tighter. He knows a lot more about Jungkook than the younger might have known, so he understands if it's a lot to take in to suddenly realize such information is in the hands of someone else. 

Taehyung knows everything. 

"It's fine," Jungkook replies and sniffs a little more. His eyes are still damp and red from the tears and his hands still tugging the shirt tightly. So much for such a shitty day. 

"W-What did the others do?"

"I don't know. I think they are planning a new meet up," Taehyung replies. He feels Jungkook gently nod against his chest. He might have started to realize what a scene he caused back then just for this. He knows this situation is serious, but that doesn't mean he wants to deal with it. If it's laziness or fear, he can't tell.

He just want to be left alone. 

______________

Hoseok gently sits down on his bed, letting his hand splash over his sheets and feeling the surprisingly soft material. They decided to go home. Jin wasn't in the best mood and Hoseok has been dealing with a crazy headache ever since Jungkook and Taehyung left the mansion a few hours ago. 

It's pretty late now, but he's still surprisingly awake. Hoseok is biting his lip and staring ahead, his thoughts running through his head and mixing together without his permission.

Jungkook and Taehyung... did leave right?

Or is he remembering something else? The headache is throbbing strongly in the back of his skull every time he tries to remember it. Even just snaps of it can make him dizzy. 

"What are you doing?" Yoongi asks when he steps into the doorframe of the bedroom, seeing Hoseok stare into nothing for a good minute or two, not to mention his hold around the blanket beneath is so tight that his knuckles are turning white. The younger flinches a little and shakes his head. He looks at Yoongi and gently smiles.

"Oh nothing, just thinking," he replies and stops tugging the blanket. He stands up and walks over to Yoongi, waiting for him to move aside, but the angel stays put. Hoseok frowns a little, wondering why Yoongi isn't moving. 

The elder takes in Hoseok's expression. Yoongi is testing him. 

After a few seconds of them just looking at each other, Yoongi's theory is confirmed when Hoseok's eyes blink slightly and he looks around. He turns a little and stretches his body, heading for the bed instead of going outside the room like he originally planned. 

He forgot why he was going outside the room. 

"What should we eat today?" Hoseok then asks, scratching his head a little. Yoongi's eyes look at him for a long time, taking in every bit of the man before him. His amnesia is bad. Too bad. 

Something isn't adding up. Hoseok forgets even the smallest things, but he's remembering Yoongi. He's remembering the chaos they are in, but he's forgetting he's stepping outside a room? It's weird and Yoongi has been thinking about it for a while.

It can't be something as simple as 'human amnesia' even if that can be very severe in itself. This is different. It almost... seems like a cover up. 

But... not from Diabolos.

It might be a cover up from someone on their side. Some who knows something. Someone who's aware that Hoseok has too much information and therefore he needs to forget. 

Yoongi's mind is working on overload as he gets a little lost in his own thoughts. He feels like he's solving a big part of the puzzle right now, but it's still not enough. They are running out of time, yet they still haven't gotten a single step closer. But he guesses this theory might be of use. He guesses they should start working again, they did plan to meet up again in a couple of days luckily. 

It might be their only clue.

_________

A slow smirk settles on the creatures lips as his eyes looks deeply into the world he has been exiled from for centuries. Something so precious and so fragile he wants nothing more than to crush is with his very bare hands. 

Thoughts close to psychopathic clouds his mind, making his almost sigh is satisfaction and arousal. He's crazy and he loves it. 

"Show him to me," his voice rumbles as his hand gently slides over the ball of class before him, sending him an image of the world he can't obtain just yet. A certain brown-haired boy appears in the hold of his black-winged angel, his eyes closed and a peaceful look on his face. 

The monster licks his lips and presses his thump against the blurry image of Jungkook that seems to have possessed him.  

"Beautiful," he whispers and smiles a little. The toxic sensation filling his stomach makes him want to reach into the ball and wrap his fingers around Jungkook's throat. So fragile yet so beautiful. Just like the world, a small amount of pressure will crush him under the force of Diabolos' malice. 

"Soon, you'll be mine."