Chapter 39

Jungkook feels cold in his throat and chest from running so fast and he's dizzy from all the different corridors and the jumps they have to make once in a while.

Along the hall, a lot of small demons are lying around, most likely dead. It seems Namjoon and Yoongi took care of that on the way.

Even though the tempature is probably 30+ degrees celcius in here, Jungkook still feels like he's freezing. Everything is kind of in a daze in front of him, all he sees is Taehyung's empty, purple eyes.

He looked like he gave up. Just right there, it was like there was nothing more for him to do, as if he had done his duty and now he was finally allowed to rest.

Jungkook feels his heart tug.

He won't... die... will he?

No, there's no way. It's Taehyung we're talking about! The strongest angel around!

Jungkook keeps telling himself this inside of his head, even though he probably deep down is aware that Taehyung is in trouble. A lot of it so to say. Namjoon and Yoongi might be his only hope to get out of there.

They will save him. Jungkook knows they will.

"3 minutes!" Jin says through the speaker. This confuses Jungkook. What the hell are they counting down for? He has been here for hours, they shouldn't be complaining about another three minutes.

"Where are we going!?" Jungkook questions, his heart is beating fast from all the running almost making it difficult for him to speak.

"Out!" Hoseok replies, "we have to reach Jin before the time runs out! Otherwise we won't ever escape from here!"

A timer? Why won't they escape from here without reaching Jin in time? This doesn't make any sense!

"What the fuck does that mean!?" Jungkook yells as the hall takes a sharp turn and Hoseok is going so fast Jungkook is almost getting bodyslammed into the wall beside him. Luckily, the elder rips him closer soon enough and they can keep going.

It isn't far now, Hoseok can tell. He believes these walls and every detail about them will be imprinted into his mind for the rest of his life. Even with his terrible memory, something like this is impossible to forget. He's done playing the hero, but he will finish this mission before that.

"There!" Hoseok yells and points in front of them. By the end of the hall, Jin is standing. He's holding the walkie talkie close to his mouth as he's looking on the watch on his arm.

He looks up when he hears Hoseok's voice and almost wants to faint by the sight of Jungkook behind him. Son of a bitch got him.

And they say humans are good for nothing? Hah! Jokes on them.

"Yoongi! Status!" Jin yells.

It's Namjoon who replies over the walkie talkie though, "we'll be there! 2 minutes!".

"Okay! We got Jungkook, hurry!" Jin says as the two males get closer.

"Is Taehyung alright? As soon as they get back here, he needs help!" Jungkook says immediately. He saw Taehyung's condition, the angel needs medical attention asap. "He got hurt very badly, I'm sure he lost a lot of blood! And his wings are torn off, we need to get him-" he rambles on.

Jin looks over at Hoseok, who looks back equally as conflicted. They know. They know Taehyung is not coming back.

"Jungkook, we need to get you out - there's no time!" Jin says and taps the watch, "If we all get pulled out, you'll be stuck down here! You're going with Hoseok when his time runs up."