Chapter 25

Jin wakes up with a gasps and a few heavy breaths. He feels his eyes blink rapidly and he only calms down when he sees the familiar roof above him and the warm blanket wrapped around his body.

He's home? He must have fallen asleep yesterday... with a deep sigh, the male runs a hand down his face. This is so tiring. Why is he so tired? It has been a while since he has slept that well, he should jumping around with energy.

But somehow... he feels heavier than normal?

He looks down and now notices the arm and wing that's thrown over his middle mindlessly. Oh. Namjoon took him home then? Why is he sleeping in here... the audacity of this man.

Normally, Jin would throw a tantrum and kick the other out for being so close to him. However today... he's somehow too tired to do so. Also, he guesses he kinda owes Namjoon for keeping him warm and taking him home. 

Jin barely remembers anything except lying in Namjoon's arms. He must have fallen asleep instantly, so embarrassing.

"Namjoon?" he tries and gently taps the male's wing. Not a single movement happens though and Jin frowns. He thought they didn't even need sleep, so why is Namjoon currently in another world? So typical, he's probably faking it as an excuse to hold Jin like this without getting murdered. 

"Namjoon!" Jin tries a little louder and he then gives the younger a tap on one of his cheeks. He still doesn't wake up, but Jin immediately feels the arm around his waist starts to tighten it's grip and he immediately feels suffocated.

"Wake up!" this time, Jin frees one of his legs and plants his foot right in the middle of Namjoon's stomach. With all his might, he pushes the other off the bed so he lands with a loud thud.

The angel gasps and wakes up, sitting straight as if someone told him Jin just got kidnapped.

"Who attacked!?" he asks and looks around confused.

"You did! Almost squeezed me to death, dickhead," the elder male says. He ignores the feeling of his cheeks heating up as soon as Namjoon looks at him. Jin is still pretty embarrassed about what happened yesterday, so he wants to dig a hole in the ground and hide in it. He can't believe he actually let himself get swept away and feel asleep in Namjoon's embrace. What's this? A kdrama?

"S-Sorry... I didn't mean to sleep in your bed either, I was just so exhausted I kinda... passed out there," Namjoon says gently and scratches his neck. Jin had a few more nightmares as soon as Namjoon brought him home, so he had a hard time falling asleep, knowing the distress the other was dealing with.

Jin gulps slightly and shakes his head. He stands from the bed and heads for the wardrobe, wanting to hide his face.

"It's fine... thanks for bringing me back," he mumbles, hoping Namjoon didn't hear him. But of course, nothing escapes the ears of a black-winged angel. Therefore, a beautiful smile spreads on the boy's lips and his dimples are immediately showing.

"You're welcome!"

Ugh. Too much joy this early in the morning. 

The two of them go down and get some breakfast without talking much further. They might as well head for the library right away to get through the books. Time is a gift, not a luxury in their situation. 

Jin is quick to finish up and today he brings a few snacks with him they can eat along the way, plus some warmer clothes incase they are staying up again tonight.

Namjoon helps by flying them to the woods where they walk the last few kilometers to get there safely. The others come a little later and Jungkook and Taehyung are the last to arrive.

Jungkook, honestly speaking, looks like shit. There are big black bags under his eyes and he looks more pale then he usually would. There's definitely a lot of things indicating that he slept terribly.

"Hey Jungkook-" Yoongi tries, but Jungkook lifts up his hand to silence him. Yoongi closes his mouth immediately, knowing he's definitely not on the younger's good side right now. It's fair so to say.

Taehyung gulps as he follows Jungkook inside, watching as the male sits down by the table and folds his arms over the surface before hiding his face there. He's certainly not reading any books today, but the others don't mind. He's allowed to be upset.

Taehyung sighs and looks at his friends. They immediately know Taehyung's thoughts by the look on his face. It has not been an easy night for any of them. The angel has been stressed, worried and annoyed.

He certainly feels like Jungkook is slipping from his grip.

The young boy has always been mad, stubborn and hard to argue with, but now... he's just depressed. He isn't saying much, he's mostly just staring at a wall or sleeping. It's terrible to see and Taehyung tries to do anything he can to hype the other's mood, but so far... nothing has worked.

Sure, he can calm Jungkook down and make him feel better, but he doesn't think the male has shown a single smile since they won the competition and money back then.

It's tearing him apart.

"So... what are we doing today?" Taehyung breaks the silence. He walks closer to Namjoon and Jin who are currently managing what books they have read and which ones they need to check out.

"The same as yesterday I guess? There isn't exactly a lot about immortality because humanity never thought it was a real thing... but we have found some that might be what we are looking for," Namjoon says and points at the huge stack of books to their right. Humans only think immortality as a thing that happens after death. Not while having a beating heart and no wings. 

"Jungkook can't have been the only one," Jin then points out, "there got to be someone else who knows something."

Taehyung nods and grabs the top book. He guesses he has to work twice as hard today since Jungkook isn't in the best mood, which is totally fair. So the male walks over and sits next to Jungkook who still hasn't moved his head once.

The angel sighs a little and looks up. Yoongi and Hoseok are sitting in front of him, giving Jungkook worried looks as well.

When Hoseok and Taehyung's eyes meet, the human gently smiles and gives a thumps up.

"He will come around... I think," he says. Jungkook usually gets past times when he's feeling bad and depressed. He keeps working and going to school and what not. But this time it's different, everyone can feel it.

"Let's just get started," Yoongi says and opens his book, letting out a little sigh at the solid text filling up the first page.

He did not miss this part from the human world at all.

_______________

Filler chap...