Chapter 41

Alright, little note here. It might spoil a little, but I believe you already figured out what's gonna happen from the end of the last chapter. Everything about styx is made up by me (almost). The consept is the same as in hercules/greek mythology, but I have changed some huge parts. So just think of it through the eyes of this story!❤️❤️ Everything will be described by the characters along the way! Jungkook is the only one who will be immortal in styx because he's immortal in all worlds. The gods are not immortal in each others worlds and not in styx either (they don't necessarily die, but they are not immortal as they would usually be) - this is mostly made up by me, but I hope you get the idea! ❤️ Jungkook is surprior in that way, that's why he's so important to Diabolos.

What Diabolos planned to do was keep Jungkook a slave until the time came again where he could take over a human's body and then he would invade heaven.

Thanks for reading so far!
___________

Jungkook knows he's crazy, because right now he's smiling as all three of them are falling into the depth of death. The fall seems way longer than it is, but the scream Diabolos is letting out makes Jungkook wish they were falling for longer.

Call him insane all you want, that's the most satisfying sound he has heard in a while.

Alright, now Jungkook has to think again. If his theory holds, he won't die in styx either, but Diabolos will... or at least, he will need to fight in order to not die. As mentioned before Styx is not controlled by anyone, it's living by itself, feeding of the dead. Diabolos is in no control of this place, that's why Jungkook thought this plan out.

What he also knows about Styx is that it will take a long time before someone truly dies down there, considering it has to be hours of suffering before that.

This means, that he will be able to get Taehyung out of there before he starts dying.

They fall and hit the surface with a splash. Jungkook immediately feels sick to his stomach when the first thing he sees is literally a corpse reaching up and trying to grab him. It's covered in the slimy liquid that's rather hard to stay upright in.

Hundreds and hundreds of these corpses are driftig around, now very much trying to drag all of them down.

Diabolos is yelling out all curse words in the book and Jungkook can't help but think what a pussy he is. Sure, that monster could fight off three black-winged angels, but lost to this little human that Jungkook apparently is. Diabolos is pathetic on another level.

Jungkook starts pushing the creepy things down, trying to ignore the fact they are scaring the shit out of him. However, he has more important things to worry about, such as a very beat up Taehyung struggling a little away from him.

The weird corpses are very busy pulling Diabolos down. It's not certain the demon will die, but he sure as hell will be stuck down here for a while, therefore he's defeated (that's how the spell works, since Diabolos' direct words when casting the spell were "If I were to be defeated in battle, the curse will be lifted"). Enough to end the spell and get Jungkook and Taehyung out of here - from what Jungkook heard the others say, he should be able to get out.

Jungkook starts swimming towards Taehyung. He can see that the disgusting water they are in is starting to make both Taehyung and Diabolos' skin turn green. Jungkook isn't affected like that, which means his right about his theory. He can't die here either.

He reaches the angel who's so out of energy he can't even speak when Jungkook grabs around him. He can only look.

He can't believe Jungkook figured out something like this.

The boy is a lot smarter than he lets on.

_____________

"Jungkook? Jungkook?" Namjoon is still trying his hardest to get in contact with the younger over the walkie talkie, but so far he has been unsuccesful.

The guys have placed themselves in a circle and have started brainstorming what Jungkook might be doing down there.

If he truly just was being reckless and they all are going to die anyway, they might as well spend their time believing Jungkook fought for something in the end.

"I can't think of anything..." Hoseok says.

"Me neither... not even the drawings from your dreams seems to have told us anything about this," Yoongi adds with a frown.

"Maybe he thought Taehyung was still able to fight?"

"I don't think so... Taehyung didn't even have his wings anymore, plus he was so beaten up. Jungkook saw all of that, it would be weird if he thought Taehyung was in any state of fighting back..."

"That's true..."

Jin sighs and rubs his forehead. He's getting a headache from this. He looks over at Namjoon beside him who now throws the walkie talkie on the ground before him in frustration. It doesn't seem like anything is getting through. Not that they expected that... however, Jin has an itching feeling in his chest telling him that Jungkook is up to something.

It has always been hard to read the younger. His absolute lack of empathy and hope for this world is an art in itself, but at the same time he cares more than anyone about the people closest to him, even if he doesn't show it.

Jin admires that about him. Considering he himself never become much of a worthy human after losing his family. Jungkook surely has his bad sides, but as said before, he's not completely naive as most people.

Jungkook must be up to something. 

Just as that har less thought runs through Jin's head, the walkie talkie let's out a weird noise. Or more like, some scratching, telling that someone are trying to get through.

"Who the fuck-" Jimin says and they all look when Namjoon quickly reaches forward and grabs the walkie talkie as if it's his last source of life. Which it kind of is, to be honest.

"Jungkook!?" he says immediately and clicks the button on the side of the walkie talkie. Once again, it just says a lot of scratching noise. At first, you would think thats a bad thing, but right now it's actually a really really good thing.

These walkie talkies do not have bad connection, unless you are on the other side of the ground, meaning it's someone from the underworld that are trying to get through. And who that might be? You guessed it.

"Fuck, Jungkook!?" Namjoon repeats, "Taehyung??"

All guys have now stumbled to their knees in order to get closer, begging for a familier voice to come through. When everything seemed so lost, the hope that was the only thing still burning inside them, suddenly fired back up.

They really didn't lie when they said there's only one emotion stronger than fear.

"Why the fuck is the connection so bad!! It's past year 3000 and you all's WiFi is still shit!" Jimin bursts out, but everyone ignore him. They have more important things to worry about.

"Jungkook!?" Namjoon's finger is shifting between pressing the button, releasing it and pressing it again. Over and over again to try and get a better connection.

"f-f... Ge-... Do..."

"Oh shit! Someone's alive!"

"Jimin, open the gate!" Hoseok says in a desperate manner.

"Are you insane!? It could be Diabolos or one of his minions for all I know - plus, the time already ran out! I'm not sure I can get it opened!" the angel says.

"But we got to do something!?" Yoongi argues. Namjoon stands up and starts running around, seeing if another location might help.

Scratching. Scratching.

"I did not just jump into a pool of fucking dead people for this shit not to work!"

Oh.

It's Jungkook.