Chapter 19

"Jungkook... stop being like that," Taehyung sighs as Jungkook moves quickly forward, obviously trying to ignore the angel to his best ability. 

Is he succeeding? Not really.

Taehyung sighs and walks after Jungkook slowly. They are walking down the rather empty streets of the rich city, trying to avoid busy roads as well as possible. Taehyung's mood is getting ruined because of Jungkook and it's starting to piss him off. He knows the younger is in a lot of mental struggles right now, but that doesn't give him free pass to be an asshole towards everyone else.

The angel has retracted his wings and right now, he just looks like a normal human being. He's walking behind Jungkook like some scolded puppy, his eyes casted down and his hands hanging by his sides.

He doesn't know how to talk to the younger. He doesn't know how to comfort him or make him laugh. He hasn't succeeded in any of these things. Makes him feel terrible about himself... it kind of... reminds him off his past. Not being able to show comfort, that is.

Taehyung bites his lip gently and glances up to the back of Jungkook's head. His hair is bouncing cutely in motion with his steps and even if he is supposed to look mad, he just looks adorable.

"Jungkook..." Taehyung says gently.

"What?" the younger hisses. He continues his walk, not caring if Taehyung is trying to get his full attention.

"Can't you stop and talk to me for just a second?" Taehyung asks with a desperate voice. That's the right word. Desperate. Taehyung is getting desperate for Jungkook's acknowledgement and it's burning him up that he isn't getting it.

The lack of love and just... just humanity in Jungkook is starting to scare him because this is not who Taehyung though Jungkook would be. He knows this isn't the Jungkook he truly loves.

"Why would I do that?"

"B-Because I'm here for you, I'm your guardian angel and friend... you're important to me, so of course I want to talk to you!" Taehyung says in a bit harsher tone than he wanted to.

He didn't sound straight up mad, but he must have just a little bit since Jungkook finally stops in his tracks and turns abruptly.

"Friend? Friend?" Jungkook hisses, "you don't know shit about me and we are not friends!"

He turns around to leave again, but Taehyung grabs his wrist in a sorry attempt to make him stop.

"Familiars then! Anything Jungkook, please just don't close me out-"

Jungkook rips his hand from the other's grip and starts rushing away again. He can feel the anger and pain bubble up inside of him and he's already aware that he will snap at Taehyung if this continues. The angel knows nothing about him or what he's been through...

"Let go!" Jungkook yells as he feels Taehyung's hand grab his shoulder and try to stop him again. Don't hold me down!

"No! No matter how hard you try to get away from me-" Taehyung's hand get smacked away again, "I won't let go."

He's really trying with all of his heart to keep holding on. Even if Jungkook hates him, wants him gone or doesn't give a fuck if he's hurt, he will keep fighting.

"Stop being some asshole, I don't need you! I never have and I never will! You're just some prick trying to control my life, I don't need it!" Jungkook yells. Taehyung feels his brows frown and anger growing in his chest as well. Who's the prick here?

"Why are you like this?" Taehyung asks, watching Jungkook turn once again.

"I've always been like this," Jungkook hisses, "if you know me oh so well, you should be aware."