thirty-seven

the beat the of club's music was twice as fast than jungkook's own heartbeat.
when they entered, the dance floor was already wild with people having the time of their lives. jungkook wanted to enjoy his but having shawn around won't bring out the fun.

the four of them walked towards an empty table.
"what would you like to drink?" seokjin asked as soon as jungkook sat down.

"anything's fine, hyung."

shawn sat beside him. namjoon accompanied seokjin to order them drinks. jungkook eyed him and saw him busy scrolling through his phone. jealousy took over him and he looked away, trying his hardest not to look to obvious avoiding him.
and not a moment later, he cringed at himself, realizing how he looked like a twelve-year old boy getting jealous over a guy whom his crush gets along well with.

jungkook was more than relieved when namjoon and seokjin came back, holding their drinks. he needed to drink now more than ever.
"just a moment," shawn said, "i have a little surprise for you, seokjin." he said. jungkook frowned and immediately stopped himself from rolling his eyes at him.

"what is it?" seokjin asked.

soon after, another guy came up to them and handed shawn a box. he gently placed it down and took the lid off. seokjin's smile immediately grew wide when he saw a cake with the words: Happy Birthday, Seokjin! in black.
jungkook internally scoffed.

what a show-off, he thought.

seokjin thanked him a few times and they all clunked their drinks together.
"let's eat the cake when we get home." seokjin said happily.

"what, shawn's still coming with us?" jungkook spoke and immediately regretted asking after realizing he sounded slightly aggressive.

shawn seemed to not notice and just chuckled.
"no. you can eat it without me. i have stuff to finish at home."
either he didn't notice or he just brushed it off.

when they finished drinking, namjoon asked all three of them to dance. jungkook couldn't help but laugh seeing namjoon getting tipsy. they all stood up and went to the dance floor.

jungkook isn't really familiar with dancing at clubs and so he would often bump at people partying. namjoon would frequently pull him away. the drink seems to start affecting his body and he's already excited to have fun, even if shawn is there.

"you look like you're about to throw up, joonie!" shawn yelled at seokjin while laughing.

"let's dance the night away, man!" namjoon yelled back and pulled shawn away. seokjin and jungkook were the ones left together. jungkook could see seokjin chuckling.

"that sounds kinda gay to me." seokjin yelled in his ear. the feeling of seokjin's lips against his skin made his blood rush in excitement and crept up to his cheeks.

and this feels kinda gay to me too, jungkook thought.

seokjin then pulled him away as well and they started to dance. even with the dark surroundings only illuminated by the club's lights, jungkook saw how seokjin still stood out amongst the crowd of partygoers.

his heart pounded loudly inside his chest. the excitement was unbearable yet he liked it.
maybe because it was because of the drink or maybe because his emotions took over his senses but at that moment, he wanted to savor every minute with seokjin.

even if it means crossing the line.

jungkook wrapped his arms around seokjin while laughing. the latter was surprised but didn't mind and they continued dancing while having fun. and as jungkook glanced at seokjin, he tiptoed and leaned forward, giving seokjin a smack on the lips.

a/n:

hello, it's been a long while. are people still reading this story? i hope so. i've been away for a few months now so i haven't caught up with a lot of things here on wattpad.

this is only a temporary update and i'm still on an indefinite hiatus. i'm still far from being okay due to my mental health, college draining my life, personal issues, and a whole lot more mess. lol

i also just wanna say thank you for all of the nice comments from the past chapters. it's really heartwarming to receive such nice comments and readers as well.
thank you for being patient with me.

thank you, everyone.