twenty-five

taehyung blinked a few times, mouth full of chips.
namjoon sat across him, staring at him intently. it was only the two of them on the table; jungkook was busy with an errand by the school library and seokjin went to the comfort room.

taehyung gulped. a sweat dripped down from the side of his neck.
"i'm sorry but what's this all about?"

"i'm gonna be frank with you, taehyung," he sighed, "lately, i've been noticing something with jungkook." immediately, taehyung paled and he gulped again.

"specifically?"

namjoon didn't answer the taehyung's question and instead threw in another question.
"is he doing well with his studies?"

taehyung internally sighed loudly. relief washed over his face and his chest.
"so namjoon hyung doesn't know jungkook has big fat crush on seokjin hyung."

"of course, namjoon hyung! you don't have to worry about his studies! in fact, i'm the one who frequently asks for his help!"

namjoon hummed.
"he doesn't have any problems with your professors?"

"none at all, sir—i mean, namjoon hyung. he's perfectly fine!"

and at that, taehyung thought the conversation would end. he didn't want the conversation to stray any more further into his best friend's crushes or whatever.
"uh, is there any more questions?" he politely asked.

namjoon clicked his tongue.
"is jungkook, by any chance, having problems with girls lately? like crushes on anyone?"

not with girls but with boys, specifically with your best friend kim seokjin.’ taehyung thought to himself.

but should he tell the truth to jungkook's cousin?

taehyung knew at the back of his mind that namjoon deserves to know what's truly going on with jungkook but at the same time, he isn't at the right place to tell him. it should be jungkook who should be telling him all this.
"all i know is that.. he has a crush. that's all he told me." taehyung answered.

namjoon nodded.
"thank you, tae. i'm sorry for asking these kind of questions."

at the same time namjoon stood up, jungkook walked in on them.
"oh, namjoon hyung! what's up?"

namjoon didn't answer him. instead, he smiled and pat jungkook's back as he walked away.
as he was walking down the corridor, namjoon texted seokjin that he'll be back at the classroom.

author's note:

we're like,,, 200 reads away from 1k :(((
let's get this to 1k reads!!! i'll be updating again soon!!
y'all really like this story, huh?
anyway, we're a little too dry without another jinkook chapter so i'll be brewing one soon.

i rarely do author's note now if y'all haven't noticed but from the bottom of my heart, i sincerely thank everyone who's reading this up until now.

with love,
-cookiemilk