thirty-one

three days later, jungkook was walking down the hallway towards his next subject, thinking if he should confess to seokjin today after classes. their classes both end at 4:30 and he can confess to him while they're walking home or while they grab a cup of coffee by the nearest coffee shop at uni.

he still has one more subject left to at least plan everything out; tell seokjin everything he needs to know, every emotion he's been hiding for a while.
it might work, it might not. he's ready to risk and gamble whatever he has now.
confessing before their graduation may be a good idea but confessing all of a sudden today isn't a bad idea.

"boo."

"AAAH!" jungkook yelled a little loudly, jolting in surprise, when he felt a hand suddenly tap his shoulder. whirling around, he saw taehyung with a smug look on his face.

"what in the world is wrong with you, tae?" he asked, clutching his chest.

tae raised a hand.
"oh, sumimasen, i didn't know you'd actually get scared," he said, chuckling, "how deep are you thinking, anyway? like, twelve feet underground?" he teased.

jungkook frowned.
"no. i'm actually thinking if i should confess to seokjin hyung today."

"oh, really," taehyung said and slid the door of their classroom open and they walked in, "then go for it. i'll support you, kookie. you know that." jungkook closed the door and sighed.

"the problem is that i did not prepare anything i should say to him. nothing at all. i might end up not saying enough or saying too much. what if he just stops me midsentence and tells me i'm all over the place or that i'm stuttering a lot or that i'm—"

"bro, bro, bro," taehyung said, stopping him midsentence as he raised a hand to jungkook's shoulder, "bro, relax. you're overthinking things. you don't really need to prepare anything. confessions should come naturally from what your emotions are telling you. you get my point, right?"

jungkook looked down.
"y-yeah, but the thing is—"

"you get my point and that's what matters. so stop overcomplicating things. let your words run smoothly and naturally from your heart. that way, you'll come off as sincere to seokjin hyung. okay?"

jungkook sighed.
"i'm just.. i'm so in love with him. i really like him a lot. i really want to be with him. god, i'm so in love with him."

taehyung looked at him with a sincere smile on his face. he gently caressed jungkook's arm.
"then do whatever you can to be with him."

when their classes ended, taehyung went home first, told him good luck and that he should tell him how his confession went afterwards.

jungkook texted seokjin, asking if he was free for at least five minutes. seokjin quickly replied he was. smiling to himself and nervous at the same time, he asked if they could talk. seokjin said okay.

two minutes later, jungkook saw seokjin walking towards him, a sight that made his heart beat faster.
"hi," seokjin said.

"hi, seokjin hyung."

"what is it that you're gonna say?"

jungkook gulped.
'now's my chance. it's now or never, jungkook.'

"i.. i.. uhm.. please don't be angry, okay?" he started off, seriously nervous for whatever seokjin's going to reply.

seokjin nodded, a brow raised, curious as to what jungkook was going to say.
"yeah, i won't."

"a-are you sure? this might be surprising because this normally doesn't happen, seokjin hyung."

"yeah, jungkook. i'm not going to get angry. what is it? did you fail a subject and you're scared of namjoon knowing?" he asked, filling the gap of jungkook's lack of words.

"what? n-no! it's far from that, hyung."

"what is it, then?"

at this point, jungkook was blushing furiously.
"the truth is.. the truth is that," jungkook gulped, "the truth is that i'm in—"

"oi, seokjin!" a voice echoed from behind them that interrupted jungkook from talking. seokjin glanced around and recognized his classmate. jungkook looked at him and saw that he's a tall, good-looking guy with an overall pleasant aura.
he wore round, gold-rimmed glasses.

"oh, what's the matter?" he asked.

"prof stimson changed the submission date. it'll be by next week now." he said.

seokjin's brows furrowed.
"what? i thought what we discussed with him was final," seokjin replied and then glanced back at jungkook, "i'm sorry, what was it you were trying to say?"

jungkook quickly shook his head.
"n-nothing of importance. i can tell you it later."

"are you sure?" seokjin asked.

jungkook gave him a small smile.
"yeah."

the guy looked at seokjin.
"we should work back on it again."

"yeah, okay."

seokjin waved goodbye and jungkook just raised a hand. he let himself calm down first, knowing that he just got interrupted from confessing.

a/n:

don't we all love an interrupted confession?
hi i'm back with another update. hope everyone is doing well today. my online classes had just started yesterday but surprise i didn't attend that only class because i thought it was on a completely different time. quite irritating, i know.
online classes has started which means lesser time for updates. no worries though, i will try my best to still keep updating just because i love teasing jungkook here.

we're almost to 4k reads here so i'm really doing my best but i'm actually aiming to get to the top 10 on the #jinkook tag.

as always, i crave validation and feedback so please comment down anything you thought about this chapter.
votes are highly appreciated (thanks for all the votes!) so please do click that vote button if you liked this chapter.
please do follow me and/or check out my other works if you want to see more.

thank you and i'll see y'all on the next update (which will take another long while again lmao).