twenty-seven

namjoon wanted seokjin to stay in his room but the latter opted to sleep on jungkook's room to check up on him every few hours.

for the past couple of hours, jungkook's fever wasn't going down.
seokjin stayed on the floor with only a large mat, a pillow, and a blanket.
he wasn't feeling that sleepy yet so he decided to open jungkook's little lampshade. since he's facing away from him, jungkook's eyes won't be hurt by the light.

seokjin got his binder and reviewed some notes he's written. it was already past one a.m and he's sure as hell he needs sleep.

reading didn't fail him because a few moments later, he was somehow feeling sleepy already. he turned off the lampshade.
he walked towards jungkook who was sleeping.
thankfully, they managed to make jungkook eat without vomiting it out. he drank his medicine and immediately fell asleep.

seokjin sat on the floor and placed his chin on the edge of the bed, facing the back of jungkook's head.
from that distance, he could smell the faint scent of jungkook's shampoo. it wasn't a strong scent because jungkook's nose is sensitive to stong smell. it suited him, seokjin thought.

he liked soft scents, after all.

seokjin stayed like this for a while, doing nothing but taking in jungkook's smell.
he heard the younger yawn and he turned around.
seokjin's face was only a few inches from his best friend's younger cousin.

seokjin knew he should be reminding himself of that long line.

in his sleep, jungkook was murmuring something. seokjin raised a brow.
"what was that?" he whispered.

jungkook didn't answer, however.
since he was only a few more inches away from jungkook's face, he could clearly see his pretty eyelashes. seokjin could see how pointed jungkook's nose is.
how pretty his lips are.
how pretty his mole under his lips is.
and how pretty his serene, sleeping face is.

‘how charming.’ seokjin thought to himself.

maybe, seokjin thought, jungkook's jealous of him having many admirers but he doesn't realize that he himself also have admirers. he just doesn't know.

"s..seokjin.. hyung.." jungkook muttered again in his sleep.

seokjin bobbed his head to the side.
"what's the matter, kookie?"

jungkook hummed in a low tone.
"mhmm.. like you."

and in that moment, seokjin felt like his whole world stopped moving.

author's note:

this was such a nice teasing chapter lmao.
anyway, hope you enjoyed and if you did, feel free to vote and leave out a comment! i may not reply to all of it but i read all of it. ♡

stay safe everyone.