twenty-nine

"taehyung, help me please."

"i won't pretend to be your boyfriend, jungkook."

"what?"

"unless you give me free meals."

"WHAT?"

taehyung glanced at jungkook, lowering his eyeglasses, putting the book he was reading down.
"oh, that wasn't what you wanted?"

"no!"

"what is it, then?" taehyung asked, fully facing jungkook now.

jungkook sighed and rested his chin on the palm of his hand.
"should i confess to seokjin hyung?"

taehyung scrunched his nose and crossed his arms.
"haven't we had this conversation before?"

jungkook scratched the back of his head.
"i know! but it's different then! we're much closer now than before." he muttered.

"does that even change anything?" his best friend asked, brow raised.

"it does, my friend. i now have, at least, 30% chances of seokjin liking me back."

taehyung laughed.
"that's some confidence you have there, bud."

immediately, jungkook slumped his shoulders.
"i just wanna tell him how much i like him so it doesn't weigh in my chest anymore."

"then do it. if you think you have higher chances now than before, what's holding you back now?" taehyung asked, face turning serious.

what was holding him back, in the first place?

"rejection. i'm scared of being rejected by seokjin hyung."

"well, that's part of life. it's not always sunshine and rainbows, hun. not everything will be in your favor. look at it this way, kookie," taehyung said and moved closer towards jungkook, "if seokjin rejects you, at least that heavy weight is out. moving on is hard and heavy but it's harder if the regret of not confessing is just on your chest, weighing you down."

jungkook sighed.
"i'll.. i'll confess to him soon. just not now. i still have plenty of time to prepare."

"it's up to you, jungkook. you may have plenty of time but that doesn't mean time isn't running out. you only have three months before they graduate. so don't waste it idling around and think of something."

author's note;

if u want more of my stories, please do follow me! (pls follow me pls pls pls. :<)