forty

"Oh?"

jungkook gulped. he did plan to talk to his hyung if there was a problem between them or did he do something wrong that upset him. but not this time and at this kind of place. plus he hasn't even prepared anything to say yet.

"s-seokjin hyung," he murmured, nervous around his hyung.

seokjin smiled.

"hi, we haven't spoke to each other in a while. how have you been?" he asked as seokjin started washing his hands.

"i-i'm doing okay. i'm guessing you and namjoon hyung have been really busy with your thesis?"

as soon as he heard the word, seokjin's face immediately contorted in agony and he groaned.

"holy shit, everything reminds me of that. yeah, we've been extremely busy as hell which is why i haven't been visiting your apartment in a hot minute. you might wanna check your cousin, both him and i haven't had any proper sleep for weeks now," he complained.

and in that moment, jungkook's pounding chest slightlty calmed down. what he was overthinking for a while now wasn't really the reason after all.

but why does he feel like something still feels so wrong? why does something just doesn't seem right that he just can't pinpoint which? jungkook exhaled and gave seokjin a small smile.

"yeah, i did notice that namjoon-hyung has been pulling multiple all-nighters for the past few weeks now. i guess the pressure of the research has been hard for both of you," he commented. really, jungkook thought. he doesn't know what to say. it feels kinda awkward talking to seokjin now, but at least his worries was addressed and he can finally sleep better at night.

"i better get going, kookie. i need to finish a seatwork that needs to be passed today before the bell rings," seokjin excuses himself and left jungkook standing in front of the comfort room's mirror. only then did he realize that his cheeks were blushing furiously. jungkook couldn't help but sigh in helplessness.

-----

jungkook glanced at namjoon who was currently sitting in front of him at the library. both of them met by chance there and jungkook decided to sit with him.

namjoon's face says it all. it's the face of a man who has finally given up with college life and just wants to finish the degree and their thesis. namjoon sighed heavily for the upteenth time. "namjoon hyung," he called him, "you've been sighing far more times than you spoke to me,"

namjoon glances up from his laptop screen and to jungkook who was looking at him. he has been staring at his laptop screen for so long that his eyes are starting to sting and hurt. they only have at least half a month left till their defense day. so much has been happening and being a graduating student with so many shit to pass has been taking a toll on him. plus a lot of people have been looking up to him because a lot of people know him as being a studious and a straight-a student. no that their opinion matters but it's just pressuring knowing that he's only two and a half months away from graduating so he badly needs to do well in uni so that his credentials won't fail him.

"that's because we're only a few more weeks till our defense. i've been seeing mistakes left and right with our papers and it's infuriating," namjoon said, emphasizing the last word with his annoyance.