thirty-six

jungkook cracked his neck on both sides. he held his shoulders before trying to massage it to ease his pain.
he blankly stared at the whiteboard in front of him as the voices of his seatmates blurred with the voice of his professor announcing their final tasks before the christmas vacation.

he cracked each of his knuckles.
he felt extremely exhausted. it's been two days since their examinations started. tomorrow would be the last day.
"oi, kookie,"

jungkook glanced behind him.
"what?"

"let's grab something to eat before we go to our next class." he heard taehyung say behind him. he gave him a nod before looking back in front again.

and for some reason yet again, his mind thought of seokjin. thankfully, exams are done for this subject and he doesn't have to wack his head just to take his hyung out of his mind. namjoon still has no idea of his attraction to seokjin and jungkook knew that at the moment, it is the best choice. whether he knew or not, nothing would change, anyway. after all, his hyung seems to be uninterested in dating anyone at the moment.

when the bell rang, taehyung and jungkook got up and went out of the room.
"how's exams going on so far for you?" jungkook asked.

"thanks for asking but it's going downhill for me," taehyung replied with a yawn, "man, college sucks."

"everyone knows that,"

"let's eat ramen. for some reason, i'm craving for ramen noodles."

the last day of examination flew by quickly.
when their professor told them to stop writing, jungkook felt like he was being told that it's time for him to sleep. his eyelids feel heavy and he was extremely tired for the day and it was only three pm.

seokjin told him to meet up with him and namjoon after classes today. and since he's free for last class, he didn't waste any moment and went to the bleachers where seokjin and namjoon are hanging out.

"say, what're you're plans for christmas?" taehyung asked as he was clearing his table.

"nothing much. maybe stay at home. namjoon's and my parents are coming to the apartment to celebrate with us, though." he replied.

"oh, that's good. let's hang out on the 26th. maybe go shopping and strolling around town. how's that?" jungkook put his bag on his back.

"sure, bud. on the 26th, yeah?"

taehyung laughed.
"hell yeah, bro. anyways, i'll be going now. goodluck with the holidays with seokjin!" taehyung cheered and waved goodbye before turning around a corner of the hallway. jungkook walked the other way.

as he reached the bleachers, he saw seokjin and namjoon sitting and talking. he went towards them and seokjin smiled when he saw him.
"pretty early today, huh?" he greeted.

jungkook blushed but hid it well.
"exam's pretty easy."

namjoon chuckled.
"your face says otherwise." jungkook frowned and waited for them to stand up and walk with him.

"hey," seokjin said as they were already walking past the uni's gates, "let's celebrate finishing the finals."

"what could be a better celebration than to sleep all day?" namjoon suggested.

"nah, i have a better idea of celebrating." seokjin said with a smile on his plump lips.

"your smile tells me it's a terrible idea." jungkook sighed but seokjin immediately wrapped a hand around his shoulders.

"oh no, jungkook, it isn't," he said, "we're going to party at a club and get drunk!"

"what?" namjoon and jungkook asked in unison.

"you heard me, boys. we're going drinking and partying! it's a double celebration. my birthday and the end of the finals. that sounds fun, right? oh, i guess i should invite shawn as well with us."

jungkook gulped.
he doesn't mind the partying. what ticks him off is that shawn would be around.
and that doesn't sound nowhere near fun.

a/n:

hi, it's been a while.
i apologize for the really late update on this story. a lot has happened and so i decided to take a short break. my mental health hasn't been in its best shape these past few months due to a lot of personal issues going on. college has been very hectic as well, which is why i couldn't find the time to actually write for any on-going book i have. i do, however, have been writing chapters for stories in my drafts every once in a while.

i hope that i can find the inspiration to write again. but i am putting my mental health first before anything else. again, i am sorry to anyone who's been waiting for updates for my stories.

thank you for everyone who's still reading and voting for this book. i appreciate everything.

thank you for understanding my current situation, and i'll hopefully see you all well again next year. i wish everyone an early happy new year. ♡

-cookiemilk