twenty

"when do you think i should confess?" jungkook asked taehyung one day when they were sitting idly inside the classroom.

their professor didn't show up and just texted their class president that he'll be absent for today. a roar of cheers errupted from their class as almost everyone left the room to go down the cafeteria to eat.

"confess now," tae said in a monotone voice.

"i'm serious," jungkook replied.

"you are?" he asked.

"of course,"

"i thought you weren't,"

"tae!"

"okay, fine," tae said and he sighed, "confess when you're really sure about your feelings. in that way, he'll be moved by it and maybe actually consider your confession."

jungkook hummed.
that was a sincere response.
"you think so?"

"man, i thought you were straight," taehyung replied, not answering his question. it wasn't in bad manner, he just suddenly said it.

jungkook chuckled.
he thought so, too. he has always been attracted to women as a teenger but he doesn't seem to be interested in them anymore.
"i thought so, too. is that even possible? all your life you thought you were straight and then here comes a majestic human being and goes like, 'let's fuck up your sexuality now, boy'." to which taehyung wheezed.

"fuck up isn't the right term, but okay," he said and laughed again, "plus your feelings are valid, kookie. you could like women all you want and then like like another guy."

"isn't that bisexual?"

"liking women and men at the same time? yeah, that's bisexual."

"how about being gay, though? what does being gay actually is? is being gay liking the same gender ever since you're a kid or does liking the opposite gender as a child and then liking the same gender as you grew up also counts as being gay? considering the fact on the latter that one starts to show disinterest on the opposite gender." jungkook asked, genuinely confused.

"you know, we should definitely do some research. it's hard to come up with answers when we actually don't know anything about it, yeah?" taehyung replied.

"yeah, good point. let's do some research later. maybe we could even see more about it."

-

jungkook kept glancing at seokjin when they were all huddled together by the centertable, reviewing, advance reading, and doing research.
seokjin was rather quiet that night, as opposed to his usual bubbly self.

'maybe he's tired from school.' jungkook thought to himself as he continued writing notes and remembering key points.
how he's doing that while admiring kim seokjin, he's not entirely sure.

after a while, namjoon excused himself, saying he's going to the bathroom.
jungkook and seokjin was left alone, quiet.

jungkook tried thinking of a topic to strike up a conversation.
he ended up telling a lie instead.

"someone from my class expressed that he likes you."

seokjin hummed. didn't even smiled.
"oh, really?"

he's so used to it that he isn't even surprised anymore! oh, the perks of being a handsome guy!
"y-yeah. he just told me yesterday."

"oh, a guy."

jungkook sweats nervously.
"y-yeah."

silence.

"don't you have any girl you like, seokjin hyung?"

seokjin smiled.
"i haven't had any crushes on a girl, jungkook."

he haven't had a what?

"like, even as a child?" he asked, curious.

seokjin giggled and smiled at him, seeing the twinkle in jungkook's eyes.
"yes."

seokjin noticed jungkook suddenly became quiet. he laughed internally.

meanwhile, jungkook was going wild inside his mind.
does that mean he may actually have a chance on seokjin?