twenty-one

it was namjoon's break from work and he decided to have a quick chat with seokjin.
he sat in front of seokjin who had four books on the table and was currently reading sherlock holmes.
"i find this library better than all the other libraries around town." seokjin said as namjoon yawned and stretched his arms.

"that's because i'm here."

"and now it's the worst."

namjoon chuckled to himself.
they were quiet for a while.

"say," seokjin said and put the book down, "i just remembered."

"what?" namjoon asked, not looking up at him. namjoon picked up one of the books seokjin got and read a few pages.

"i've noticed something about jungkook."

"and what's that? i think he's still the same."

"no," seokjin replied, "i can't quite put my finger on it but he's acting strange."

"what do you mean 'acting strange'?"

seokjin hummed.
"he's been asking me questions about crushes and all that. like, do i currently have a crush or something like that."

"isn't that a normal thing?"

"i'm not used to it, after all. besides, why would he even ask me about those kind of stuff?"

"maybe because you're the one with the most admirers here and are used to getting confessions?"

"touché," seokjin remarked, "but i'm pretty sure it's something else."

"like?"

"i don't know.. maybe jungkook got a confession from someone? he mentioned he was jealous because i get more confessions than him. i can't remember the exact thing he said but it was something like that."

namjoon sighed.
"he isn't a baby anymore so he should know what to do about those crushes or confessions. he should be fine."

at the back of his mind, seokjin felt like he doesn't.