twenty-four

"kookie, i bought ice cream," namjoon called out as he entered the room, "do you want some?"

namjoon removed his shoes and wore his slippers. when he walked in on jungkook staring aimlessly at the tv, he already knew jungkook was zoning out.
"oi, jungkook."

still no response.

he walked towards jungkook and put a hand to his waist. this time, he called jungkook again, much louder.
"jungkook."

jungkook jumped and let out a surprised screech and held his chest as he quickly whirled around to look at namjoon.
"jesus christ, hyung! you'll kill me! stop appearing out of nowhere!" he said.

namjoon raised a brow.
"i bought an ice cream of your favorite flavor. want some?"

jungkook sighed.
"y-yeah. just put it in the fridge, i'll eat it later. i'm still watching tv."

"you're telling me you're watching backyardigans?" namjoon replied that made jungkook's eyes widen. he looked back at the tv and was shocked when he realized he was watching an episode of a kids' series.
he was in deep thoughts that he didn't even realize he had sat down in front of the tv and stared at the cartoon show for more than ten minutes.

"y-yeah, why? are you questioning my preferences?" jungkook asked, flushed. namjoon couldn't help but bark out a laugh.

"nah, bro. anyway, i'll put the ice cream on the fridge. eat it whenever you want."

namjoon sat back on his chair as seokjin ate a handful of chips. munching like a squirrel with its mouth full of nuts, seokjin eyed namjoon who was visibly stressed.
"wrhrh wrrrng?"

namjoon looked at him.
"don't talk with your mouth full, you idiot. i can't understand you."

seokjin gulped everything in one go.
"what's wrong?" he repeated his question.

"jungkook,"

"about jungkook again? come on, joon. get over it. he's an adult already,"

"i swear something's wrong with him. i get it he's an adult, seokjin, but he could at least tell me about it." namjoon sighed.

"oh, dear. you know, as adult, there are times where we have to keep things to ourselves. it's a private matter we want to handle alone. in jungkook's case, he doesn't want to tell you, not because of a whim but because of a certain reason." seokjin replied and ate another handful of chips.

"i get your point but i should at least know it. and if i won't get anything from him, then i know someone who would know."