seventeen

being around seokjin was bad for his health, jungkook realized.

the longer he bonded with seokjin, the deeper her fell in love with him. the more he knew about seokjin, the more he adored him.

it was terrifying to fall. it was too long; too fast. he was always unsure of what will be waiting below him.
if he'll crash and break his body or if something or someone would catch him.

he knew he needed to stop daydreaming about seokjin. he needed to stop assuming.
liking seokjin meant that he was just another one of his sea of admirers, all wanting to have him like them back.

just because he's the best friend of his older cousin, doesn't mean he'll like him back.

jungkook doesn't even know what seokjin's type is.

"oi, jungkook."

jungkook immediately snapped back to reality as soon as he heard namjoon's voice.
"sorry, were you saying something?" he asked.

namjoon raised a brow.
"i've been asking you what dinner would you like. you've been staring at the wall for  a solid three minutes now. what's wrong?"

jungkook realized namjoon absolutely should not know that he likes his best friend. he's scared of what namjoon would say.

he sighed.
"sorry, school's been weighing me down for a bit."

"you know i can help you with that. just ask me. i'll help you with your studies, kookie." namjoon replied. jungkook genuinely felt warm inside after hearing his hyung's kind words.

"i know that. sometimes, i just feel like a burden to you, that's why. you're also studying like me so i want you to focus on your studies and not mine."

namjoon smiled and gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder.
"nah. you're never a burden. why would you be? you're my cousin. to be honest, i prioritize your happiness, jungkook. that's why i'm telling you, it's okay to come to me and tell me what you're truly feeling."

it's okay to come to me and tell me what you're truly feeling.