thirty

'how should i confess to seokjin hyung?'

jungkook was sitting in front of his study table, pen in his hand, and a book lying flat open, showing his half-finished assignment due tomorrow.

he couldn't focus on his assignment entirely because of seokjin. his days were running out and sooner or later, seokjin and namjoon will graduate college and focus more on their careers.
jungkook's goal is to confess to seokjin at least before their graduation, assuming he'd have a higher chance of not getting rejected.

and now the question is, if he will confess, how would he say it?
seokjin had been getting confessions all his life and hearing the same thing over and over is tiresome.
how would he even spice things up a bit?

should he be direct to the point? say it immediately? tell a little story?
overthinking everything made jungkook's head ache. he whined loudly, softly kicking his table several times before smacking his head on the table.
"why is it so hard being in love with you?" jungkook spoke to himself.

"what are you whining about?" the voice startled jungkook, making him jump from his seat and whirl around, eyes wide.

and his heartbeat raced when he saw seokjin himself, standing by the doorway, body leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed on his chest, a teasing smile on his lips.
jungkook struggled to find the right words to say to seokjin, in an attempt to cover up his embarassing moment.
"y-you surprised me! wh-what are you doing here, seokjin hyung?"

seokjin laughed and walked towards him, a move that made jungkook's heart pound louder inside his chest.
"i went here to call you. dinner's ready," he replied, "what are you whining about, anyway? care to tell me?" he asked.

the effect of seokjin's voice and his entire presence made jungkook's face turn into a dark shade of red as he tried his best to look away.
"what? i'm not whining! you didn't hear anything."

"oh, stop making me look like a liar. i definitely heard you whining and murmuring something." seokjin said, obviously teasing.

jungkook frowned and changed the subject.
"i'll finish my assignment real quick and then i'll join you guys to dinner." he said.

it was effective, jungkook thought, when seokjin's face turned a little more serious.
"okay. he cooked your favorite meal so we knew you'd like it. eat with us when you're done." he replied, turning his back and walking away.

"yeah, thanks." when seokjin was out of sight, jungkook released a long and extremely heavy sigh of relief.

jungkook realized he needed to start planning out his confession because he's thinking seokjin is somehow starting to get the idea that he likes him.

and that's definitely not in the range of his plan.

a/n:

yea, i'm still alive. barely.
i haven't been updating in a long while, i'm not in a really good state, so i am very sorry.

i crave validation and comments so please do comment whatever you thought about this chapter. :)) it really helps me lot and i'll definitely reply to u.
liked this chapter? please don't forget to vote. ♡

as always, i'll see y'all in my next update.