twenty-six

"you don't look good."

jungkook frowned and sighed.
"is that supposed to be an insult or what?" he asked, eyeing taehyung who was drinking water.

"straight up an insult, mate. you look worse." he replied.

"work was tiring yesterday. plus the fact that you told me how worried namjoon hyung was for me." jungkook looked down on his notebook. he flipped his pen around his fingers.

"i told him you were doing well so you literally have nothing to worry about now, kookie."

to be honest, jungkook was actually not feeling well since yesterday. work was tiring, he was worried for namjoon just as much as namjoon was for him, and also for the fact that college was extremely draining.
his body felt like it was sledgehammered several times; his back ached, his whole body felt so heavy, his head felt like it was floating and spinning around and it ached so badly.

jungkook sighed.
"i just wanna go home and sleep, tae. i literally can't lift myself up. i'm so goddamn tired."

"my, your face is turning red. oh, i should call seokjin hyung to come pick you up-"

"really, tae? out of all the jokes you chose that joke?"

tae forced a smile and pat jungkook on the shoulder.
"we still have three more subjects left. can you hold on that long?"

"i'll try my best. but i can't promise i'll understand a thing professors will say."

"no problem. i'll buy you some medicines."

-

when jungkook came home, he saw namjoon and seokjin eating together.

"oh, welcome back. come join us." namjoon greeted. jungkook couldn't do anything but to creak out a groan as he dragged his steps toward his room.
immediately, both guys knew something is wrong.

"he's all red." seokjin commented.

"i think i still have medicine for fever here."

"let's check up on him real quick."

both namjoon and seokjin went up to jungkook's room and saw the mess that he is, sprawled across the bed, shivering.

he doesn't have any energy left to change his clothes and he just fell on top of his bed, not even trying to cover himself under the blanket. his bag was on the middle of the room. his breathing was shallow and it seemed like he was catching his breath.
seokjin walked up to him and saw how red his face was.
"oh my god, what happened to you?" he exclaimed as he held jungkook's forehead.

"he's so hot, namjoon. i'm pretty sure he forced himself to walk home to the point of exhausting himself."

namjoon sighed.
"we have frozen gel packs here. i'll go and get it."

when namjoon went out of jungkook's room, seokjin wacked him on the forehead that made jungkook yelp in pain.
"jesus christ-"

"what in the world is wrong with you, idiot?" was the first thing jungkook heard seokjin say.

"uh.."

"you're a big moron, you know that? stop making people worry! look at you, all red and sick! idiot! namjoon's worried about you!"

"uhh..." jungkook groaned again. his vision was literally spinning and it made him nauseous.

"stop forcing yourself, kookie."

jungkook raised his hand and held seokjin by his wrist.
"d-did.. did i make you worry, seokjin hyung?"

seokjin's brows furrowed as he held both of jungkook's cheeks.
"of course i did. just look at yourself! you look so red, tired, and drained! i worry about you."

jungkook looked away and closed his eyes. in doing so, he felt a painful, burning sensation.
the light is hurting my eyes.
"i'm.. sorry for making you both worried." he said in a dragged, shaking manner.
his body felt so drained and heavy that even speaking made it hard for him.

namjoon came back with a frozen gel pack and handed it to seokjin. he removed the wrapper and the thin piece of paper before gently placing it on jungkook's forehead. jungkook immediately shivered at the contact and complained loudly about the weird smell.
"stop complaining. it's good for you."

namjoon glanced at seokjin.
"it's getting late, seokjin. you can leave the rest to me."

seokjin looked up at him and smiled.
"it's okay. we don't have classes tomorrow anyway, so i'm staying here with jungkook."

-

author's note:

y'all are friggin' insane dude. we're actually gonna hit 1k reads real soon omfg
let's get this to 1k!!!