sixteen

“you're getting the hang of it, jungkook.” seokjin praised that boosted his confidence. jungkook smiled to himself.

“it's thanks to you, jin hyung.” he said.
he realized liking seokjin has so many advantages.

he get to do stuff like these. he gets to know secrets namjoon has kept to seokjin that the latter uknowingly says. he gets so many life tips in college. before, when they weren't really that close, he doesn't really care when seokjin is around but this time, he's paying attention.

“the banana milk tastes good with the cookies you made.”

jungkook smiled at him.
“thanks, hyung. i like that combination a lot.”

seokjin picked up another cookie as jungkook drank his share of banana milk.
“you made good cookies. i make better, though.” he said, giving jungkook a teasing side glance. the younger rolled his eyes.

when he looked down, he saw seokjin's hand resting on the table. jungkook couldn't help but to stare at it and admire it's beauty.

he unconsciously reached down and gently held his hand, lifting it, and letting his own fingers wrap a little bit around seokjin's thin fingers.
“wow hyung, your hand is very pretty.”
it feels so soft under his touch. imperfect but still so perfectly looking.

seokjin smiled.
“jealous?” he asked, retrieving his hand. jungkook chuckled.

“nah. mine is prettier.”

they were silent for a while. seokjin was fine with it. he was used to it. jungkook needed it.

“how's the research going for you and namjoon hyung?” he asked after a few minutes.

seokjin hummed.
“so far, so good. i do hope joon comes back home from work so we could continue what we were doing.”

jungkook didn't reply anything back.
seokjin must have noticed for he placed his hand on top of jungkook's arm.

“don't worry. i enjoy your company, ggukie.”