eight

Luke texted me once more that day to tell me he was going to be really busy and promised he would call me the next day. And he did.

I hadn't even been awake yet but when it rang and I answered I was only half awake.

"Hello?" I mumbled into it with my face shoved into a pillow.

"Ash? Did I wake you?" As soon as I heard it was Luke I lifted up my head.

"No it's fine I'm awake." I said trying to sound more perky.

"Are you sure? Because I've been standing in front of your door for 10 minutes knocking and you haven't opened it so."

"Actually?"

"Yeah."

"Oh well there's a spare key hidden beneath a loose floorboard so try that."

"Okay I'll be in in a second."

I mumbled an okay and set my phone down, shoving my face back into my pillow.

Just a minute later I heard a noise from the doorway to my room.

"Aw you look so comfy!" I heard Luke coo and start walking towards me.

I just mumbled a little bit but then felt a big weight on top of me and looked up to realise Luke was laying on top of me.

"Luke!" I whined and rolled over, causing him to fall onto the other side of my bed. I pulled the blanket up to my face and felt his arm wrap around my body and his face bury into my neck. His breath was warm and I sighed.

This was perfect. This was exactly what I wanted. It was what I'd been looking for and I finally had it.

I smiled and turned to face him. His face was so close to mine. Before I could say or do anything he lightly kissed my nose before jumping out of the bed. I sat up and wrapped the blankets around me and watched him leave the room.

"Where are you going?" I called after him.

"Get out of bed and you'll see."

I groaned but hopped out of bed and followed Luke. I found him in the kitchen, hovering over a bag that was on the counter.

"What's that?" I asked, leaning against a wall.

"I brought you br-" he started to say before turning to look at me.

"What?" I asked before realising I was only in my boxers. "Oh. I'll go put on some clothes." I started to walk towards my room.

"No!" Luke ran from the counter and over to me, putting a hand on my waist. I shivered. His hand, cold, against my bare skin. "I mean. It's fine. I don't mind." He shrugged.

"Okay?" I said, raising an eyebrow but walking towards the counter Luke had just been standing at. "What did you bring me?"

"Breakfast." He replied.

"Again? You really didn't have to do that Luke."

"I wanted to." He shrugged. "It's a requirement now that you're my boyfriend."

I smiled. "A requirement?"

"My requirement. When I was a kid I made a list of stuff I would do when I got a girlfriend but since girls are gross and you are not, boyfriend sounds better."

"I think it's cute that you made a list." I said, pulling out a muffin.

"I was obsessed with lists as a kid. Is a muffin alright again? It's banana this time." He asked walking over to me and wrapping an arm around my waist as I unwrapped the muffin.