thirty-six

The flight was long. It was last minute. And it was long.

I cried almost the whole time. When I wasnt crying I was sleeping.

And when the plane finally landed and I finally got into a taxi, I was still crying. I cried the whole drive and longer. When the taxi finally pulled up to the house it was 1 in the morning. I got out as quickly as I could and rang the doorbell. I saw a light turn on and finally the door opened.

"Luke?" I could hear the shock and worry in her voice and see it in her eyes.

"Mum."

My mum opened the door wider and pulled me inside.

"Luke what are you doing here? What's going on? What's wrong?" She pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around her, burying my face in her neck, and started to sob.

"Mum I did a really bad thing." I sobbed into her neck.

"It's okay sweetheart come on let's sit you down okay?"

I nodded and pulled away from her. She led me inside and sat me down.

"Okay I'm going to go talk to your dad I'll be right back okay just stay here then you can tell me what's going on okay?"

I nodded and she walked away. I heard a bit of mumbling then she went into the kitchen. And before she came back I heard more mumbling, then she walked in holding two mugs in her hands. She sat them down on the coffee table in front of us then turned to me.

"You ready to tell me what's going on now?"

I nodded.

And I did. I told her everything. Starting with the first day I met Ashton in the coffee shop to everything that happened the previous night. She didn't interupt me once. Only nodding. At certain points.

When I finally finished, she was silent for what was a painfully long minute before she spoke.

"You need to go apologize to that boy Luke."

I looked up at her and held the now cold mug in my hand.

"Sweetheart I can tell that you love him. If you flew all the way from Miami to Sydney just to tell me this face to face, all for him, and you risked your job by doing this, you love him. But you know I understand why he would think you don't. You need to find him and you need to apologize and you need to prove it."

"I don't even know where he is mum. He didn't tell me where he was going."

"Well then that's a problem for tomorrow isn't it? But it's now 4 and you look exhausted so let's get you to sleep okay?" I nodded and she helped me up. She took me into my old room and I crawled into the bed.

"I love you Luke." She kissed my forehead like I was a little kid again.

"I love you too mum. Goodnight."

--

When I woke up I heard voices coming from downstairs. I heard my parents speaking but it was the other two voices that confused me. When I looked at the clock I saw it was 5pm. Id slept for over 12 hours but felt no better.

I sighed and got out of bed then walked downstairs.

My mum and dad were sitting at the table. But they weren't alone.

"Michael? Calum? What are you guys doing here?" I asked. They all turned to look at me and gave me a sad smile.

"Hey buddy." Calum said.

"Well when we woke up to discover your letter and that you had left for Sydney we decided we should probably come see what was up. Because with the way you've been acting in the past who knows how long, something is obviously up." Michael had a concerned expression.

"Yeah. So you ready to tell us what exactly is up?" Calum asked.

I sighed.

My mum and dad stood up and began to walk out of the room. My mum gave me a supportive smile and squeezed my shoulder as she walked by and my dad stopped completely.

"Your mum told me everything Luke." He smiled at me. "Go get that boy back." He hugged me then walked out of the room with my mum.

When my attention went back to Michael and Calum they were looking at me smiling.

I nodded and walked over to them.

"Yeah. I'm ready."

~

Heyo

This is almost over how sad is that?

Thus was like my baby and now in 4 chapters and an epilogue it will be over and I am really sad about that. Guys. I have never finished a fanfiction before this one and now this will be my first guys. This is sad.

Okay anyways. Goodnight. Love you

-ash