Luke and I left the cafe together. After he finished his coffee, which was cold after everything that happened, I went to the back of the store and got my jacket and phone and then we left.

He told me how he was in the city for a couple concerts and he would be here for another week.

I asked him where his hotel was and he said it wasn't far. When he told me which hotel he was staying at I told him I lived in an apartment really close to there.

We walked most of the way in a comfortable silence until we were just a couple blocks away from his hotel.

"You know I really liked kissing you Ashton." He said.

"I liked kissing you too Luke."

"Maybe we should do it again sometime."

I stopped walking. He looked back at me.

"What?" I asked a little shocked.

"I'm kidding." He said with a smirk.

"Oh. Right." I had to admit I was a little disappointed.

"Well shît." He said after walking for a couple minutes.

"What?" I asked.

"That's my hotel." He nodded to the direction of his hotel.

I looked across the street and saw what he was talking about. Girls. Lots and lots of girls surrounding the entrance of the hotel.

"How are you going to get in?" It would be impossible for him to get through all of those girls.

"I guess I'll have to go around back."

"Okay."

"I guess I'll see you around?" He said, turning to me.

"Yeah I guess."

He started to walk away but before he did he turned to me.

"Listen, thanks for all the help. It felt nice to tell someone."

"No problem."

"Okay. Well bye Ashton."

"Bye Luke."

Although no matter how bad I wish it had been goodbye, it wasn't.

<~>

After Luke went into the hotel, not being able to get by without getting noticed, I walked the last block to get to my small apartment.

As soon as I walked through the door, I walked into my small kitchen.

I lived in a small apartment by myself for the past two years. As soon as I graduated high school I took all my saved money and moved to London, leaving my mum to take care of my two younger siblings.

My mum still called regularly which was nice but as happy as I was living in London by myself, sometimes I wanted more.

Sometimes I dreamed of never settling down. Moving to a new country every year and living this way forever.

Or I wanted to find someone. I wanted to settle down with the right guy and start a family.

But neither of these were an option. I needed to save up money to go to university. My mum still sent me money periodically but it still wasn't enough.

I still needed money to pay for bills and groceries which didn't give me the option to spend lots of money on things I didn't need.

I sighed and looked at the clock hanging on my wall. 7PM. That meant it was 5 in Sydney so it was still too early to call my mum.

And my little sister Lauren who would flip when she found out I met Luke Hemmings. Of course she would also flip if she found out I never got him to sign anything for her.

So instead of calling my mum or sister, I took some pizza out of the fridge and warmed it up, then sat on the couch, watching TV.

Two hours later I finished my pizza and turned off the TV. I sat there for 10 minutes in complete silence just staring at the blank screen.

"I kissed Luke Hemmings. And he liked it." I couldn't believe any of what happened did happen.

But that was a secret. I couldn't tell anyone, not even my mum and especially not my sister, that it happened.

I shared a secret with Luke Hemmings.

This was mine and Luke Hemmings secret.

I looked at my phone again to check the time. Now it was 9. Which meant it was 7 in Sydney and I could probably call my sister.

I dialled the number I had memorised then waited as it rang. Soon someone answered.

"Hello?" It was my mum.

"Hi mum!"

"Oh Ashton! It's so nice to talk to you sweetie! How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good. You?"

"I'm doing fine. So are your siblings would you like to talk to them?"

"Could I talk to Lauren please mum?"

"Yes just a second dear."

"Thanks mum I love you." She repeated the words and handed the phone to Lauren.

"Hi Ash how's London treating you?" I smiled when I heard her voice.

"Excellent. In fact do you want to know who I met today?"

"Who did you meet?"

"Luke Hemmings." The other end was silent for a moment.

"No." Lauren finally said with disbelief.

"Yeah. He stopped by the cafe for a coffee."

"Oh my god what did he say? Did you talk to him? Did you get a picture with him? Did you get his autograph?" Lauren excitedly rambled off a couple of questions.

"No I didn't do any of those. He was in a big rush so I only got to get him his coffee."

"Oh." Only from these two letters I could feel Lauren's disappointment.

I didn't like her upset though so I quickly said something that would hopefully make her happy.

"But he's staying here for another week and the hotel he's staying at is really close to my apartment so I'll try to if I see him again."

"Really? Because that would be-Wait. How do you know that if you didn't talk to him?"

"Oh um-I just heard a couple girls talking about it after he left the cafe."

"That would be so great Ash! I'd love you forever!"

"You already do love me forever." I pointed out because even though she can be annoying sometimes I still love her and she loves me.

"I'll love you even more!"

Even though she couldn't see me, I rolled my eyes.

"I gotta go get ready for school Ash but call me if you run into Luke okay?"

"Okay. I love you Lauren."

"Love you too Ash."

We said our goodbyes and I hung up the phone.

I sighed and sunk deeper into the couch, resting my head.

"I share a secret with Luke Hemmings."

~

Hey guys here's another update.

But happy new years eve/new years day to all of you wherever you are in the world and whatever time it is.

It's still wednesday over here and I'm going to try and update every Wednesday from now on. Maybe not always but I'll try. Maybe that will keep me more organised and motivated.

Anyways if you're doing anything tonight stay safe and have a good time. Don't party too hard.

Love you guys.

-Ashley