twelve

At exactly 4 in the morning me and Luke walked out of the small diner, hand in hand, and I pointed him in the direction of the beach.

"You know what? I have nothing to swim in." Luke pointed out as he swung our hands back and forth.

I smiled as I watched our interlocked fingers. Normally Luke wouldn't dare hold my hand in public but since it was 4 in the morning and the usually busy streets of London were very quiet, he made an exception.

I glanced up at Luke and took in how beautiful his bright features looked contrasted against the dark of the night. His blue eyes shone and his pink lips looked soft.

Taking his cheek in my hand, I stopped him and stood on my tip toes to lightly kiss him.

"What was that for?" He asked me after I pulled away with his cheeks turning dark.

"You're just so beautiful." I smiled softly then grabbed his hand in mine again as we continued to walk.

He smiled and pulled me closer to his body.

"Man you're cheesy." He laughed quietly.

His fingers were warm wrapped around my own and I gently squeezed his soft hand while grinning from ear to ear.

"I think you already knew that."

Luke nodded. "I think you're right."

We walked the rest of the way in silence. The only sound was our gentle breathing and the shuffle of our feet against the ground.

The sounds of the waves crashing soon grew as we got closer to the quiet beach. As we turned one last corner, the dark blue water came into view and Luke's grip on my hand loosened before he eventually let go.

We walked a little further until our feet finally hit the sand. The second Luke felt the sand underneath his feet, he stripped his shirt off and ran towards the water while kicking off his shoes and shimmying to slide off his jeans.

I laughed as I kicked off my shoes and walked towards the water where Luke was now splashing around.

"Take off your shirt!" He yelled from the water.

"I am not a slut!" I called back. "I don't take my shirt off in front of random people!"

Through the dark, I could make out a smile on Luke's face but pulled off my shirt and kicked off my jeans just as Luke had done seconds before.

I stepped into the water and walked over to where Luke was so I was waist deep. I stood only centimetres in front of Luke now. He was still grinning when he reached out and set his hands on my waist, pulling me closer and getting rid of any space that had been between us.

As I wrapped my arms around his neck he whispered gently, his breathe tickling my ear.

"Well it's a good thing I'm not just some random person then."

I shivered despite the warm water. I felt him lightly kiss my ear, then behind my ear, then moving down to my neck. Luke lightly sucked at it, making sure to leave marks.

"Mine." He mumbled against my warm skin. "And I swear to god I will be back for you as soon as I can."

I sighed happily with my hands loosely draped around his neck. His hands trailed down my waist and he held onto my hips as he pulled me even closer.

There was no space left between us. My bare chest was pressed tightly against his. His hands made their way up to my back, as if trying to keep me as close to him as possible. I had my fingers tangled in his hair and my legs brushing against his.

His blue eyes fluttered closed and I felt his hot breath on my face as he closed off any remaining space between us. His soft lips found mine. His tight and comforting grip on me never loosening.

The water splashed around us in the dark of the night. Vehicles occasionally driving passed the small area but not once noticing us.

But in that moment I didn't care. And neither did he. Because we had each other, if only for that moment, and that's all that mattered.

~

I wrote this at 12 am and I think it's adorable.

I haven't updated in forever and I'm sorry but I have like 10 more chapters written so hopefully I'll be able to update every Wednesday for a while.

And I guess that's it.

♡♡♡♡♡

-Ash