six

At about 8 in the morning when I was about to walk to work someone knocked on my door.

Confused, I walked towards it and pulled it open. I smiled as soon as I saw who it was.

"Luke!" I pulled the door open for him and he stepped inside. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I would stop by and say hey before you went to work." He smiled then handed me what he was holding. A cup of coffee and a bag.

"What's this?" I asked as I looked inside.

"A muffin. I know you're surrounded by muffins and coffee where you work but I just thought maybe, I'd bring you something? Just because?" He scratched the back of his neck and looked at the floor.

"Thanks Luke. That's really sweet." I said grabbing his hand and pulling him further inside, shutting the door behind him.

I walked inside my small kitchen and put the bag on the counter and pulled the muffin out.

"Blueberry?" I asked.

He nodded. "Is that alright? I wasn't sure which to get you exactly. If it's not that's fine too I just-"

"It's fine Luke. I like blueberry." I interrupted him.

I glanced at him. He was fidgeting a lot. Scraping his feet against the floor, playing with his fingers, looking everywhere but me.

I continued to watch him as I took the liner off of the muffin. Luke was blushing and scraping his feet against the floor.

I set the muffin down. "Luke what's going on?"

His eyes widened and tried to cover up how nervous he looked. "What do you mean?"

"You are blushing and fidgeting and you look super uncomfortable. What's going on?"

He sighed and I walked over to him, taking one of his hands in mine.

"Okay I didn't just come over here to give you breakfast." He told me.

"No? To what do I owe the pleasure then?"

"I just I wanted to know if you would like to be- will you be- my boyfriend?"

I grinned. "Yes. I would like that very much."

His eyes lit up and he smiled and pecked my lips.

"Wow I was so afraid you would say no. You have no idea how relieved I am."

"I think it's cute that you were nervous."

"Actually?"

"Yup."

"I think you're cute too."

I laughed then pulled away from his arms.

"I wish we could hangout but I have to go to work. I have to be there in like 15 minutes."

"What time do you get off?" He asked.

"I think 5."

"Well then I will text you at 5."

"Okay. Good." I smiled. "Are you going to walk with me to work?"

I saw him hesitate.

"I don't think that would be a good idea. I just, I haven't come out yet and I'm not ready and I just don't want people to get the wrong idea."

I frowned but nodded.

"Yeah okay."

"Ash." He walked up to me and put a finger under my chin, lifting my head up. "I'm just not ready yet. It's hard not knowing how anyone will feel. Please understand."