twenty-one

"You have to go now don't you?" Ashton asked me.

I checked the time on my phone. It was 10 but so far no calls or texts from Michael or Calum which meant they were probably asleep and I was probably fine but I didn't want to risk anything. I also didn't want to leave Ashton either.

"I should. But I don't have to." I said.

"But you should." His tone was monotonous. It had been since he broke down and I was scared to leave him. And knowing didn't want to. I wanted to stay.

We were laying on the bed. Our legs were tangled together and I held him close to me. His head was pressed against my chest and I held his hand in my own.

"Yeah. I should."

He sighed and began to pull away.

"Or," I pulled him closer to me again, "I stay the night and leave early."

"You shouldn't though. You won't get much sleep." His voice was muffled by my still bare chest.

"But I'll get even less sleep if I'm not with you." He pulled away and looked up at me smiling for the first time since he yelled at me.

Ashton tilted his head up and kissed me before burying his face in my chest.

"Well I guess you can stay then." His breath was warm against my skin.

I smiled. "Good. Because there was no way I was leaving."

"What if I made you?" Ashton's tone was playful.

"I don't think you would. You like me way too much."

He sighed. "Yeah. I guess you're right."

"Damn right I'm right." He laughed which made me smile. "Hey babe pass me my phone? Need to set an alarm."

He reached over and grabbed me my phone. "What time do you need to wake up?" He passed me my phone.

"If I want to get back before they wake up probably 4:30." I set an alarm.

"Oh my god Luke." He threw his head back. "You are the reason I don't get enough sleep."

"Well whose fault is that?" I set my phone down again before looking at him, smirking.

He rolled his eyes.

"I just want to get a real amount of sleep for once in my life." He groaned.

"Well as soon as I leave tomorrow morning you can go back to sleep." I kissed his forehead.

"Okay fine."

I smiled a day pulled him even closer to me.

"You're such a loser." I mumbled.

"Yeah. But, I'm your loser." He grinned causing me to laugh.

"That's why I think you're so great."

"Because I'm a loser?"

"Because you're my loser."

"Only for you baby." He muttered. I ran my hands through his hair and smiled again.

"Go to sleep Ash."

He nodded and held onto me as if he thought I might dissappear while he was asleep. It made me sad to think that could be exactly what he was thinking so I held on too. And I didnt let go until the morning.

Which was a rough time. At 4:30 when the alarm went off, Ashton spoke.

"I swear to fucking god I'm going to throw your fucking phone at a fucking wall."

If it hadn't been so early I probably would have laughed but I only got 6 hours of sleep and I was tired and had to go. I rolled out of bed, shutting off the alarm, then quickly fixed my hair and put on my shoes.

I turned on a lamp and heard Ashton groaned from the bed. I looked back at him and he had his face buried in the pillow. I smirked a little.

"Go back to sleep Ashton."

"What the fuck do you think I'm trying to do?" His tone was bitter but I couldn't really blame him. It wasn't even 5 in the morning.

I walked back to the bed and sat on the edge.

"I'm going now." I told him.

He lifted his head and rolled over so he was facing me then groaned from the light. I lowered my head a little and lightly kissed him before standing up again.

"I swear to god if you don't turn the light off on your way out I will murder you." He said as he threw his face back into the pillow. "And don't forget your phone."

"Got it." I said as I walked towards the door. "have a good day. I'll text you."

Ashton mumbled a bit a day then said 'bye.' I walked out of the room and went on my way to my own, hopefully making it back on time."

~

I almost forgot about this but my friend reminded me without knowing she reminded me so thank her

and goodnight

-ash